Chapter 30 Debug (2)

Lin Xun knew the system’s favorability function.

The achievement from his previous favorability mission was the increase of his favorability with the elders, which helped him integrate better into the realm of cultivation. However, this time, the purpose of increasing his favorability with the police officer was really strange.

After shaking hands, Police Officer Zhou began his inquiry as to how they discovered the group’s strange behavior and drug use. Lin Xun concealed the part about cultivation and only said that as they were writing their research paper late into the night, they heard the noise coming from the room, making them irritable. So, they came to ask them to keep the noise down, and then accidentally discovered something was wrong.

Police Officer Zhou said, “You’ve given the police such valuable assistance.”

Lin Xun: “That’s our duty as citizens.”

Police Officer Zhou and his men made sure to preserve the crime scene. They took pictures, collected the evidence, then took the offending group of people into custody, and finally brought Lin Xun and Chang Ji to file a police report.

It was already 1am when the farce from that night ended.

The two of them walked side by side on the street.

Lin Xun, “Brother, do you want to continue eliminating evil seeds?”

Chang Ji, “You go back, I’ll go investigate some other places.”

Lin Xun, “Isn’t it dangerous?”

Chang Ji: “Since the first appearance of the evil seed five days ago, theoretically, there shouldn’t be any high-level demons appearing in the next three days. Disciple in the Foundation period, such as yourself, can handle these evil seeds easily. So the situation isn’t that urgent at this time. Considering the elders are still in the mood to drive a truck back to the capital.”

Lin Xun: “…”

“Okay.” He said, “You can call me if you need someone to delete any video monitoring.”

Chang Ji nodded. “Chaoyang community has very strong devilish Qi. You better pay attention to those who may have psychological problems. Devilish Qi is especially heavy at night; you should be careful.”

Lin Xun, “I will.”

They didn’t talk anymore and separated at the crossroad. Chang Ji disappeared into the night, carrying the stick on his back.

He was tall and sturdy. Although he had hair and was wearing a white tracksuit, looking completely ordinary, he still gave off a…taciturn ascetic temperament.

Lin Xun realized that there were indeed many strange people in the cultivation world; the sect leader of Wu Ji who owned 50 suites in the capital, the Qingcheng Sect located in a scenic spot, the glamorous film queen who won countless awards, and the PhD holder who killed evil seeds in the middle of the night…
As he thought of these individuals, Lin Xun looked down at the keyboard in his hands—oh, I am also one of these strange people. While Chang Ji – a believer of the Nanwu Gatling Bodhisattva, used a stick to slaughter the evil seeds, I’m not too bad if I do say so myself. I am a keyboard cultivator.