Chapter 42 Loophole (2)

Lin Xun looked back the way he came.

As expected, the dim aisle had been blocked, and a basement door like all the others had appeared suddenly.

Eight doors surrounded him, forming a smaller space within the entire space. A dim light bulb on the concrete ceiling flashed and then went out completely.

The flashlight of his phone turned on automatically, and Lin Xun illuminated the number on the doors. The basement within these communities all had six–digit numbers as markers. Although the numbers displayed at the moment were also six-digits, their format was obviously wrong.

101010, 111010, 110101…

The combination of 0s and 1s, this was the binary system.

The binary system, it’s a base-2 numerical system, there are eight doors, two to the eighth power, 256.

Lin Xun flicked through the information in his mind. He looked around and suddenly noticed that a black mist hung in the air, spreading across the entire space.

In this kind of situation, a black mist would always be full of malice.

Perhaps this was the devilish Qi that the elders mentioned. The out of order compass, and the malfunctioning signal reception, were an indication that the intruding devilish Qi had already affected the actual world at this very moment.

The underground parking network connected the whole basement system within Chaoyang community. If the devilish Qi originated from the basement system, they could indeed spread to the entire Chaoyang community…With this in mind, it was understandable that Xiao Xiao and her family, who are currently living in the basement, was seriously affected by the devilish Qi.

At the same time, he felt a trace of blood in his throat, he was under heavy pressure, and the interval between his breaths gradually became shorter.

Considering his current predicament, he decisively cut off his own net, and then he felt relax.

He walked to a door.

110101, when converted, it’s 53. Dong Jun’s birthday was 5.3; he thought this was a pleasant number.

He came to this door without much hesitation. A layer of ash fell from the rusted door handle, seeming as if it was left unattended all year round.

The same rusty door shaft turned, and the iron door opened with a creak, breaking the complete silence enveloping the space.

Lin Xun, “…”

White walls, gray concrete floors, dim lights, black air, and an extremely depressing atmosphere.

The door opened to a blank wall directly ahead, and two other doors occupied the walls on either side, one on the left and another on the right.

The binary code on the two doors had one more digit. One had 0 as the last digit, while the other had 1.

He pushed the door leading to room 1101011.

Thick black mist, accompanied by a chilly wind, swept toward him and felt as if a large cloud of ink splashed onto his face.