Chapter 68 Artificial Amentia (4)

Lin Xun, “!”

Up until that moment, the most serious reminder he had received from his missions was just “Pay attention to safety”. That was during Xiao Xiao’s task. In that mission, he encountered two dangerous situations: one was when thousands of people were possessed by evil seeds in the gymnasium, and he locked Qi Yun in the gym while he went out to track down Xiao Xiao. The other situation happened in the community basement, where he entered the crack between the two worlds of humans and demons, almost unable to return.

If Pointer hadn’t found him at that time, he probably would have already died in the crack, and this time, the warning said that it was “extremely dangerous”——

Lin Xun didn’t have time to think about it. He quickly locked the anti-theft chain outside the door of the ward to prevent the people in the room from coming out. This may be the special feature of the psychological ward of the hospital — doors could be locked from the outside.

However, the danger was far from the room where the little girl Lin Kexin was in.

He raised his eyes and noticed that something was pounding on the iron doors of the wards lining the long corridor, and whatever was pounding on these doors — it sounded heavy, and the impact was not something that a child’s strength could have created. The iron doors trembled sharply under the strong impact, and in just half a minute, a ward door to his right had been knocked open a gap.

Lin Xun spoke extremely fast and whispered, “Where is the fire exit?”

He was not a careless person. There was an escape route map on the left side of this floor’s hospital lobby, and he instructed Luo Shen to scan it.

Luo Shen’s volume automatically increased, making a human-like mechanical sound with a slightly immature tone. “Turn right, 200 meters.”

Lin Xun took out the keyboard from his backpack and walked quickly to the right.

The clapping on the doors gradually increased within the two-minute walk interval, and the banging sound almost shattered his eardrums, and he felt that several doors would be opened in the next moment.

Fortunately, he was not far from the corner at the end of the corridor, he ran, sprinting at the speed of almost 100-meter per second, and then turned right—  

Lin Xun, “Fu…”

An iron fence gate lay before his eyes.

“The fire exit is blocked?”

“Which hospital genius would think of blocking the fire exit? Has any patient escaped before?”

He took a deep breath.

Luo Shen, “Recommend to return.”

Of course he was aware that he had no choice but to go back.

The fire exit was on the far right of the entire length of the corridor, but the elevator — the elevator was on the opposite end of the corridor.

He had no time to think. He smashed the iron gate three times with the keyboard, and when he found that there was no impact on the iron gate, he immediately turned around and headed in the original direction.