Chapter 63 Traversal (4)

The kiss was light when it touched the corner of his lips, like a fluttering butterfly landing softly on a flower.
Time seemed to stand still; maybe it had only been a short period of time when Dong Jun let him go.
He opened his eyes and saw Dong Jun’s gaze.
A certain kind of emotion seemed to surge in those black pupils, but it was faintly discernible, and if there was a sense of oppression, it was very gentle.
Dong Jun’s voice was a little hoarse when he asked him, “Are you still afraid?”
Lin Xun looked at the spokes of the Ferris wheel.
The transparent Ferris wheel cabin was still climbing slowly and was about to reach its apex.
The wind became stronger as their cabin continued to climb, and he couldn’t tell whether it was the cabin that was shaking or if he was trembling.
He whispered, “Yes…”
Dong Jun hugged him tighter, his arms tightly encircling Lin Xun’s shoulders; Lin Xun closed his eyes after realizing he had nowhere to escape.
The familiar breath surrounded him again.
This time, Dong Jun kissed him deeply.
The whole world became quiet. At this moment, Lin Xun forgot about the sky and the Ferris wheel, and it seemed that only two people remained in the whole world – himself, and the person who was holding him firmly.
But he… was not prepared for this kind of intimacy at all.
He didn’t expect this to happen, nor did he know how to kiss another person.
He almost forgot how to breathe; he could only feel it out and take the initiative to suck hesitantly to experience it more thoroughly. Deprived of his bearings, he fell into a boundless state of confusion as if he had been thrown upside-down, and the disorder would go on forever.
When he was finally let go, he saw Dong Jun’s eyes again.
At that very moment, his heart started beating violently, and an indescribable soft emotion surged in his heart as if he had liked this person for many years.
Probably.
When a technical fan immerses himself in a group of wife fans for many years, even shouting “husband” along with them in order to fit in the group, it would subsequently change his feelings as a result.
He lowered his eyes, his fingers still holding the corner of Dong Jun’s clothes.
Dong Jun’s voice was slightly hoarse. “We have arrived on the ground.”
When he came down from the Ferris wheel, his limbs felt weak – almost unable to stand on their own, and he could only be led by Dong Jun until he could steady his center of gravity.
At this time, the setting sun had settled below the horizon. The twilight sky was a mixture of blue and purple, and several stars twinkled brightly in the northern part of the sky.
He took a few deep breaths before he could recover from the lack of oxygen, but his head was still sluggish, and he didn’t dare to recall what happened just moments earlier.
A red-nosed clown staggered over and stuffed a red rabbit balloon into Lin Xun’s hand. Lin Xun thanked him and looked around.
Someone seemed to be watching them under the Ferris wheel.
Dong Jun hadn’t released Lin Xun’s hand just yet, so Lin Xun turned to look at him. “Will you be on the hot search again?”
Dong Jun also looked at him. “If you don’t like it… we won’t be.”
Lin Xun pulled the balloon. “Is this the power of capitalists?”
Dong Jun smiled and said nothing.
It was dinner time, and they chose a lakeside restaurant inside “Playground”.
The interior decoration of the restaurant was in line with the overall fairytale theme of the amusement park, and the lights and sweet tunes played in a loop, like stories for children.
Lin Xun and Dong Jun sat opposite each other.
Lin Xun rested his chin on his hand to look at Dong Jun, not knowing quite what to say.
Dong Jun looked at him, but did not speak either.
After a long while, Dong Jun smiled first.
When he smiled, the corners of his beautiful lips slightly curled up, his eyes curved slightly, and the light from the opposite side reflected gently in his eyes, like stars. The sharp outline of his facial features came alive as if the ice and snow melted in an instant.
As soon as he smiled, Lin Xun couldn’t control his own reaction, so he lowered his head and smiled too.
He said, “I don’t know…what to say, I think it’s all quite unreal.”
Dong Jun, “Where is it unreal?”
Lin Xun, “You.”
Dong Jun raised his eyebrows.  
“After all, you are perfect in every aspect. You’re Galaxy’s president, while I am just a very ordinary programmer who hasn’t achieved anything, and I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to produce something.”
“You should be more confident.” Dong Jun said, “You are excellent in every aspect, since you were able to create Luo Shen.”
“You’re the only one who thinks Luo Shen is interesting.” Lin Xun stirred the milk in the cup, muttering, “And you created the automatic driving system.”
Dong Jun, “You also proposed a new direction to improve the automatic driving system during yesterday’s discussion.”
“This person is trying to have a debate with me.” Lin Xun thought.   
“He won’t win, my ability to extol the male god on the entire Internet is outstanding.”
Lin Xun, “It’s just luck. I happen to like that field of mathematics, but you came up with the whole framework.”
Dong Jun didn’t speak.
They looked at each other – he was always a little flustered whenever he looked straight at Dong Jun like this.
After a short silence, he heard Dong Jun say, “I think you are a little scared of me.”
“I don’t know.” Lin Xun looked at him. “I seem to be really…a little afraid of you.”
He couldn’t quite tell just what he felt exactly.
Dong Jun didn’t eat people, and Lin Xun was neither a timid person nor did he have an inferiority complex.
He had experience in dealing and interacting with important figures – his grandfather was a seasoned engineer who returned from abroad at that time, and many of the guests who visited their home were individuals who appeared in textbooks. During university, his academic advisor was also a well-known big cow in the industry, and brought him along to attend top academic conferences. This industry did not lack geniuses and leading scholars, and he had seen many. He respected and worshipped them, but he had never been afraid, and the feeling of inferiority had never appeared. Verbal modesty was enough, he was not a person who lacked confidence.
Dong Jun was the exception.
He was at a loss regarding this matter. Out of all the people that he had interacted with, it was only Dong Jun whom he couldn’t get along with naturally.
“Maybe it’s because I have always admired you.” He said, “I always feel that no matter what I do, I can’t compare to Dong God.”
Dong Jun, “I think you are very powerful, um…I can’t compare to you.”
“You’re lying to me again.” Lin Xun said.
He looked at Dong Jun and blinked. “So if a person is great, don’t you think that you would want to be together with him? I think you are very skillful.”
Dong Jun’s eyes were a bit playful. “Do you know…you look a little playful right now?”
Lin Xun, “…”
“What kind of look am I making?”
“Do I look like a chatterbox?”
“Do I look like I’m trying to ‘sound out’ someone?”
“I’m not very amusing…” he said, “and we have only known each other for more than ten days. To be honest, I don’t even know what kind of person you are.”
“You sometimes make me feel strange as well.” Dong Jun, “But I don’t want to wait anymore.”
Lin Xun ought to know what Dong Jun meant.
They weren’t kids anymore.   
Teenagers would often think that they still had an endless amount of time to spend probing and testing whether their secret love was mutual, and also have a little fun while they were at it; in their case, however, they couldn’t do the same.
Dong Jun was Galaxy’s top executive, so of course, he was busy; he also had Luo Shen to focus on, so their lives did not intersect much.
So, like all adults, if they happen to meet someone who expressed their interest, they would tacitly agree to go on a date or two, and immediately start a relationship afterwards. If either party feels unhappy, they can just break up.
Lin Xun, “I was just a little surprised.”
Dong Jun, “You seem a little unhappy.”  
Lin Xun shook his head.
Dong Jun squinted his eyes. “Really?”
Lin Xun, “No.”
In fact, he had been in a state of rapid heartbeat, endlessly saying some illogical words in an attempt to maintain his calm on the surface.
But he wouldn’t tell Dong Jun this.
If it was Dong Jun, how could he feel…unhappy.
He whispered, “I’m just… flattered.”
“Then does it mean that you agree by default?” Dong Jun looked at him.  
Lin Xun dared not look at him, he fixed his gaze on the edge of the glass, and the volume of his voice gradually decreased. “I think so.”
Dong Jun, “Look at me.”
Lin Xun looked up at him silently.
“Well, don’t you think…” Lin Xun said, “our conversation is embarrassing?”
Dong Jun said, “Because you should be sitting beside me and not on the opposite.”
Lin Xun felt that Dong Jun was criticizing him.
Fine.
Then he corrected his mistake.  
He got up, walked around the table, and came to Dong Jun’s side, but before he could take a seat, Dong Jun took him into his arms.
He raised his head and looked at Dong Jun.
The man’s eyelashes drooped slightly as he looked at Lin Xun.
His gentle and elegant expression seemed to express many other things.
Lin Xun thought, “You said that I was not happy, I think you are not happy either.”
He was woolgathering; Dong Jun lowered his head and kissed him lightly on the corner of his forehead.
“Thank you,” he heard Dong Jun’s voice. “I also feel… flattered.”
“You can’t!” Lin Xun said, “There are so many people who like you.” 
“Then you can’t eat lemons.” Dong Jun’s low and gentle voice sounded in his ears. “I only like Lin Xun.”
Lin Xun really couldn’t stand it anymore.
He buried his face on Dong Jun’s shoulder as Dong Jun continued to hug him, and when he felt the heat on his body had finally receded, he dared to raise his head again.
As soon as he raised his head, Dong Jun kissed the corner of his eye.
Fortunately, Dong Jun slowly let go of him.   
But Dong Jun still held his hand, their fingers interlocked.
Lin Xun looked at their interlocking fingers and remembered the maze earlier that afternoon. It was so dark at first that they had to hold hands – at least at that time Dong Jun hadn’t yet noticed the button that could illuminate the wand.
He raised his head and saw the gentle and tender expression in Dong Jun’s eyes.
Such a cheat.
And what could he do?
He couldn’t do anything about it, so much so that he could only stretch out his hand to straighten Dong Jun’s collar which had become slightly disheveled because of his movements just now.
——Avid fans were so humble.
The sky had darkened completely, and the park began to set off fireworks across the lake.
Lin Xun glanced at the beautiful fireworks perfunctorily, and initially wanted to play with his mobile phone.
But there was nothing fun in his mobile phone either.
A hand pulled him over.
Lin Xun leaned on Dong Jun’s shoulder, then he turned to look at Dong Jun.
Lin Xun, “I still feel like I’m dreaming.”
Dong Jun, “You can continue having this dream forever.”
Lin Xun smiled at him. “That sounds good.”
He continued, “So will you still like me tomorrow?”
Dong Jun, “The day after tomorrow too.”
Lin Xun, “Then I will like you too.”
Dong Jun smiled faintly.
“Actually,” Dong Jun said, “I want to take you home tonight.”
“Then…” Lin Xun hesitated. “My roommate might kill me.”
Dong Jun fed him a piece of fruit with a fork. “Then I will drive you home.”
Lin Xun swallowed the fruit.
Dong Jun looked at him. “Slow down.”
Lin Xun, “It seems like you have a lot of experience and have often taken care of people.”
The next piece of fruit was delivered to his mouth, and he subconsciously ate it.
In the next moment, a strong sour taste filled his mouth.
Lin Xun, “!!!”
It was a slice of lemon.
He turned his head to look at Dong Jun.
Dong Jun blinked. In addition to the slight smile in his eyes, he seemed to be innocent as if he hadn’t done anything just now – at this very moment, this man’s expression was actually the same as that of the little liar.
Lin Xun was expressionless, and slowly bit the lemon that his male god had personally fed him.
Fake! It was all fake!