Anxiety

Mia's guest ruined Ava's mood. She went back to her desk and tried to to her tasks, but to no avail. After mis-located three files, almost deleted an entire  corporate folders and sent one e-mail to wrong addresses, finally she decided to stop working altogether and just sat there on her chair. Her mind, though, immediately shifted to high gear.

"Hey, Av." Dave's voice returned Ava to earth.

"Yes?" she answered.

"Mia told me that it's better for you to stay at, uh, our  place for a day or two," Dave said.

Ava smiled weakly. "Thanks, but I don't think I'm in the mood for anything," she responded.

"No, we won't bother you with much anything," Dave said with a smile.

"Well, thanks, Dave," Ava smiled again, a bit wider now.

"Let's go, then," asked Dave.

"I, uh, don't bring any clothes, Dave," Ava said, "even this skirt needs laundering. Mia said that I smelled like uh, sex."

Dave smiled. "You smell alright to me," he said. "Anyway, Mia said that we will buy you some clothes, including leather skirts, if you want. Or I can take you to your place to get some clothes if you prefer."

You made those things up, didn't you?" accused Ava. "Mia told me that she would   inform me about her plan, but she hasn't called yet."

Dave opened his mouth, but Ava talked again.

"Besides," Ava continued, "who do you think we are, leaving office just like that, whenever we want it?"

Dave' smile widened. "First," replied, "Mia tried to call you many times, but you didn't answer. That's why she asked me to take you."

"Oh!" Ava exclaimed, hurriedly took her phone from her blazer's pocket, that she hung on the chair. Indeed there were multitude of missed calls from her best friend.

"And second," Dave continued, "it's already 5:37 pm now. We have all the rights to go home."

Quickly Ava gazed at her phone's clock at the top left corner. He was telling the truth. "You're right!" she said. "Let me drive to my place and take some  changes. See you at your, I mean, Mia's place!"

Dave shook his head. "No way!" he said. "You acted as if you haven't got your share of load for a week! I don't want you put people in danger! Either you come with me or i give you my come!"

"Dave!" Ava snapped, she fought hard not to smile, though, and cursed silently over her blushed face.

Dave just shrugged and smiled.

"Okay, okay! Let's go to my place!" Ava grunted while packing her stuffs up.

***

They didn't talk much in the car. Ava was full of thought. Dave tuned car radio to a easy listening songs.

Once they reached the apartment, Dave parked the car, then they both went to the lobby and walked straight toward the elevator.

Inside the elevator, Ava again lost in thoughts. She missed Erick. She wanted to hold the hand of the man beside her, but he was not Erick. She closed her eyes, imagined what she would do with Erick if he was there."I need your load," she hissed all of the sudden, then immediately cursed her loose tongue, hoped that he didn't hear it.

"Okay," Dave said, "do you want it now? I recommend you wait a little longer, though, until we reach your apartment."

"Shut up! Dave!" she barked and threw your face away. Useless. The elevator walls were all mirrors. Dave was every where.