Hesitation

The thought of Ava, her outfit, and what she didn't wear underneath destroyed Dave's concentration on his works. However Dave wondered why Ava was not available on her chat system. She wasn't even there in her desk. He tried to call her as she requested this morning but she didn't pick them up.

Lunch time. Dave went out his room. Ava's desk was empty, so she went to the elevator by himself. Inside the lift, he tried to call her again.

"Hi, Dave!"

To his surprise, his call got answered this time.

"What's up?" continued Ava.

"Where are you?" Dave blurted, out of lust and frustration.

"We are having lunch here," answered Ava, "anything I can help you with?"

"Uh, yeah!" Dave said. "Can I join you for lunch?"

"Why not?" Ava replied, "come over! I'm with Rodney and Elma!" she then mentioned the restaurant name.

"Alright! See you there, then!" Dave concluded the call. Ava sounded a bit strange.

The elevator door opened up on the mall's floor and he stepped out and walked directly to the restaurant. He could see Ava sitting with their colleagues.

"Hi!" Dave greeted them as he approached the table, "mind if I join you?"

"Hi!" Rodney returned the greeting, "Not at all! Have a seat!"

"Looking for Ava?" Elma asked directly, winking her eyes.

"Uh, yeah!" Dave responded.

"Give her a break, Dave!" Elma scolded with a large grin, "she's exhausted!"

"Hey!" Ava blurted.

"Aha!" Elma barked back, "you're blushing!"

"No I'm not!" Ava denied. She then stood up and said to Dave, "ok, I'm done with my lunch, let's get back to the office so I can send you the letter that you want!"

"Uh, Okay!" Dave replied as he stood up, too.

"Whoa!" Elma teased, "give Dave a break, Av! He hasn't even ordered his lunch!"

"Do you want to lunch?" Ava looked ad Dave.

"Nope, I have done my lunch," Dave answered.

"Let's go, then!" Ava walked away from the table.

"What letter?" Dave mumbled as they he walked next to her.

"Shut up!" Ava barked. "Have you taken any lunch?"

"Uh not yet."

"Then why asking about letter?" Ava snorted, tried to hide her smile.

The elevator doors opened and they entered. As soon as the doors closed, Dave reached for Ava's waist. To his surprise, Ava pushed him away.

"Camera!" she hissed.

"Oh." Dave mumbled.

They both stood silent for a few seconds.

"I missed you," Dave whispered.

"Good! You'd better miss me!" Ava barked back.

"Oh, why?" Dave asked, smiled at her through their reflection.

"Because I'm soaking wet!" Ava said with a deep exhale.

Dave chuckled. "Then what that drama was all about?"

Ava exhaled again before answering. "Because they grew suspicious about us!"

"Rodney and Elma?"

"Uh huh!" Ava mumbled.