.2.

"What the heck?" I grumble. Lifting my head slightly from my pillow I listen again.

'Knock, knock, knock.'

It's 7 am. Why on earth is someone knocking on our hotel room door this early. "Go away!" I call out, picking up the pillow and covering my head.

'Knock, knock, knock.' Again.

"Answer the door," Rae says, half asleep.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Somebody come open this door!" Lily shouts.

Both of us sit straight up in bed and stare at each other. After a few seconds I shout, "not it!"

Rae climbs off the bed, padding to the door in her bare feet. "What are you? Five?"

"Times 6, yes," I respond, laying my head back onto the cushioned pillow.

"Why are y'all still in bed?" Lily says as she walks right on in, making herself at home.

"Because it's early and this is a vacation. And good morning to you too," I moan. I feel the bed next to me dip ever so slightly.

"Good morning, sunshine," Laura says loudly in my ear.

I open one eye and glare at her. "Payback," she whispers.

"I will give you each a hundred dollars to leave and not come back until 10," I offer as I roll onto my back.

   "You don't have enough to convince Lily to leave. Trust me, I tried," Laura whines out.

   "You're the one that made spa appointments for 10 am," Lily reminds me. "It's really your own fault."

   I throw a pillow at her, hitting her back. "That's three hours from now, woman. Go away."  She picks up the pillow and tosses it back. It smacks me in the face perfectly.  Sometimes I forget about her years of softball. "I'd like breakfast before. So Laura and I are giving you one hour to get ready."

  "Great. Bye," I call out as I snuggle further under the covers.

   Lily plops her butt down on the couch. "Did you really think we'd leave? I know you too well. Get up ya lazy!"

   "I'll shower first," Rae offers. I gladly accept the few extra minutes she's giving me but then I groan internally knowing she takes 40 minute showers and will leave me with very little time to look presentable.

   "So," Lily starts. "What is all on the agenda today?"

   I'd managed to keep her out of the loop of several aspects of this Bachelorette weekend, but not all. "Breakfast, spa, lunch, relax, dinner and a surprise."

   Lily goes to open her mouth to speak again but Laura stops her. "Don't even start. You'll find out at dinner."

   Twenty minutes pass before the bathroom door opens, shocking all of us. "That was quick."

   "Well, hate to tell you Opal, but there's no hot water," Rae says sheepishly.

   "How can a hotel, of this size, run out of hot water?" I practically yell rather than just question the situation. I roll off the opposite side of the bed, grabbing the phone and dial the front desk.

   "Yes, hi, we're in room 636 and have no hot water," I say completely bypassing pleasantries. I pause while they grab a manager. He comes on long enough to tell me he's looking into it before the line goes dead.