.75.

Pops and Chris' family all sit around the lobby just before 10 AM as they wait for Chris to pick them up. Easy conversation flows effortlessly.

Scott's phone goes off. "He's parking now. Where is Opal?" The family looks back and forth with one another.

Truth be told, Scott's concerned due to her exit last night. He hadn't heard anything from Chris after he bolted after Opal from the bar. Sure, he'd tried to get a hold of his brother but all effort was thwarted as Chris never responded.

"I saw her earlier. I'm sure she just needs another moment or two," Lisa assures them.

The doors to the lobby slide open as Chris walks in decked out in his full uniform. He walks over to the group clapping his hands and rubbing them together. "Ready?" He looks around the lobby, his eyes questioning. "Where's Opal?"

"Still upstairs I'm assuming," Scott retorts. He gives his brother a knowing look, silently questioning the actions from the night before.

Chris shakes his head at him. "I'll go get her. Ma why don't you take my car and Opal and I will ride in her rental." He tosses her the keys before she leans up to give him a quick kiss to his cheek.

A swift knock on the door causes Opal to jump and nearly mess up her lipstick. "Crap!" she fixes the tiny mistake before calling out. "I'm late, I know! I'm sorry." She opens the door, surprised to see Chris standing there.

Opal is suddenly finding it hard to breathe as she realizes she's never seen him in uniform. "Hello, Officer."

"Hi gorgeous." He leans in for a small peck, unwilling to ruin her makeup. "You ready?"

"Yeah, just let me grab my purse."

"Get your keys too. I gave Ma my car so you and I could ride together."

Opal grabs the items and they head for the elevator. "Your mom came to see me this morning."

"Oh yeah. How come?"

"She brought breakfast for Pops and I. Thanks for telling her how much I love pumpkin," she says.

The couple walk into the elevator for the quick ride down to the lobby. Opal can't seem to pry her eyes from the specimen in front of her, knowing he's all hers.

Chris opens the door for Opal to slide in before going around to the drivers side. Once on the road, Opal clears her throat. "So, your mom found your art work this morning."

"My art work?" He looks over at Opal with a quirk of a brow.

"Ya know. The 'reward' you gave me last night."

"Oh!" He can't help but giggle like a school boy.

"What do you have to say for yourself, Evans?"

Chris glances over at her sheepishly at first. "I'm sorry." He pauses before he smirks. "That I'm not sorry."

~~~~~

"I don't know that I've ever been more proud of you, son," Robert says to Chris with a handshake.

The ceremony had finished and a reception getting well underway, but the Evans and Lucas clan were taking a few moments to pour adoration over the newest Sergeant.

Flashes were tossed off randomly from cameras and cell phones, each pairing getting plenty of photos together. Opal stands off to the side of the reverie letting the family have their moments.

"You okay, Ope girl?" Pops asks her, pulling her into a side embrace.

She smiles lovingly at the old man. "I don't think I've ever been happier."