.11.

Chris POV

   Before I head out to the fire pit, I decide to send a message to Spencer. I know he's covering my shift but it doesn't technically start for another fifteen minutes.

Me- have you talked with Laura lately?

Spencer- not since yesterday morning. She mentioned she was going to be pretty busy.

Me- so, funny story.

Spencer- ???

Me- I'm here with your girl.

Spencer- I'm sorry, what?

Me- not like that. She's in the wedding that I came for.

Spencer- oh, okay. So?

Me- Opal is the maid of honor.

Spencer- oh, I see now. But, she's still not biting is she?

Me- Not exactly

Spencer- patience, man. You've had stake-outs longer than this wedding. Give it time.

   I hear a knock on the door and close my message on my phone, slipping it back into my pocket. There's only two people that know which room is mine, although I'm sure anyone could ask at the desk. My best friend or the girl I can't seem to get. Personally, I'm hoping for the latter.

   No such luck. I open the door to find Jameson standing there with Lily. "You ready?"

   "Almost. I'll be down in like five minutes."

   "Come on man. You look fine. I've got someone I can introduce you to - " he's interrupted by Lily who slaps the back of her hand against his chest. He looks down at her confused. She returns his look with daggers. "Or, maybe I don't." Jameson looks back and forth between  myself and Lily. 

   "It's alright. I'll be done in a couple of minutes," I assure them both before closing the door back.

   I lace up my shoes and pull the leg of my jeans down over them. I put on my flannel, leaving it open since I've got on a shirt under it. I stand over by the window that overlooks the backyard area as I roll the sleeves. 

   That's when I spot her.  She's busy making a fuss, checking over everything and everyone. Moving around furniture again, lighting the multiple fire pits.  I wonder if she'll ever be still tonight, long enough for a conversation. Guess I'm on a mission to make that happen.

~~~~~

Third Person POV

   "Want to tell me what that was about?" Jameson asks Lily after Chris closes the door. She takes him by the hand and pulls him a little further down the hall.

   "Chris has been trying to get Opal's number since we were in Atlanta," she tells him. "So I'm gonna need you to NOT try and set him up with someone else."

   "Opal and Chris," he tilts his head. 

   "What do you think about that possible pairing?"

   "Could work." He thinks on it another moment. "Could work really well actually," Jameson acknowledges.  "I like it. Your best friend, my best friend. It's a romcom waiting to happen."

   "Right?!" Lily exclaims. "But we can't overstep. I know he likes her, and I'm positive she likes him but just won't actually admit it to any of us. We need them to get to know each other."

~~~~~

Opal POV

   "I told you that I wanted you to enjoy this weekend. All you keep doing is working," Lily accuses me. This time she's found me in the kitchen helping plate the buns and raw hotdogs.