.129.

Pops takes a spot on his front porch, mesmerized already by the start of the setting sun. Sitting down on the porch glider he thinks of all the days he wondered whether or not he'd find himself here again.

His mind drifts to that afternoon in the hotel room when he gave Chris his Rosie's wedding ring, and in turn giving him his complete blessing to marry his most precious possession, his jewel, his Opal.

Then the night he was able to witness the proposal that brought his sweet Ope to tears without much effort. He knew well before then that her heart belonged to the Officer, she just had to be willing to accept it.

Those days in the hospital when she sat by his bedside, pleading with him to come back to her, all the while Chris gave her space and comfort each as needed.

The wedding day they insisted upon rushing towards once he was awake again. The joy that encompassed him when he was able to walk Opal down the makeshift aisle made at Magnolia. Seeing Chris' face full of love for his Opal, waiting on them at the end of the aisle.

He'd done good giving his best girl to the Officer.

Now as he sits on his front porch years later, he can't help but smile as the red SUV pulls up his small driveway. A smile plays upon his lips as he watches his grandchildren remove two car seats from the backseat. Pops moves to stand but Chris puts his hand up stopping him. "We'll come to you," he tells him.

Pops remains seated but scoots to the edge of the glider, ready to see his two beautiful great granddaughters. Opal and Chris both set a car seat in front of him, pushing the handles back and locking them in place. "Look at all that hair!" he exclaims.

"You ain't kidding. Now I know why even water gave me heartburn," Opal jokes as she lifts Ruby from her seat, adjusting the red headband that Pearl had grabbed and pulled on the way to her grandfather's house.

"Not that you can see much of it, with those massive bows your mama keeps sticking on top of your head. What do you think, Ope? Think people will mistake them for boys or something?" he teases her as she leans down placing the little girl in his arms.

"Don't mess with me, old man," she says pointedly while unbuckling Pearl from her seat. Pops snatches the bow off of Ruby's head while her mother isn't looking, he tosses it back into the car seat.

Chris picks up both car seats and moves them just inside the door of the house. "You sure you can handle this? I mean, there's two of them."

"I handled this one didn't I?" Pops replies, motioning up at Opal as she hands him his second tiny great granddaughter, causing Chris to chuckle just long enough before Opal shoots him a look.

Chris moves towards Opal, bringing her close to his chest. "Now I handle you," he whispers into her ear causing her to blush.

"I heard that," Pops calls out as he quietly rocks the glider back and forth.

Opal hides her face against Chris' chest as his hand rubs along her back. "Ope, give me a break. I know you are enjoying the married life and all the fun it brings." He winks over at her before turning his attention back to the bundles in his arms. "How else would I have you two darling jewels?" he coos at the little girls.

"Oh! I left the diaper bag in the car," she tells Chris, taking a step off of the porch.

Chris grabs her hand, stopping her. "I've got it. Go visit for a bit."

Opal sits down next to Pops on the glider, smoothing out Pearl's hair. "They're good babies," he tells her, never taking his eyes off of them.

"They're a tiny tag team sent to destroy their mother and father," she laughs out before resting her chin on his shoulder, looking down at her babies being held by the man who has held her through the majority of her life.