.78.

Opal POV

I can barely contain my excitement as soon as my alarm goes off. I may or may not have already been awake for the past two hours, willing and begging my brain to shut off to catch just a bit more sleep, but alas the butterflies swarming my belly kept me from doing so.

"Alexa, play my Officer Evans playlist," I call out as soon as my feet hit the floor. Immediately my feet start moving on their own accord along with the sway of my hips. I dance all the way into my shower to prepare for the day.

"Because I'm happy! Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof. Because I'm happy! Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth. Because I'm happy! Clap along if you know what happiness is to you. Because I'm happy! Clap along if you feel like that's what you want to do!" I sing along as I squeeze shampoo into my hand working a thick lather into my hair.

There will be nothing that can wipe the smile off of my face today, I think to myself even as I almost slip in my tub. This only causes me to giggle. "Opal, how'd you break your hip?" I ask aloud. "Oh ya know just a bit of fun in the shower," I answer myself. Chris would just be sad he wasn't a part of it. I laugh at myself and my goofiness today.

I can't help it. Today is going to be a great day.

I take a little extra effort on my hair, bound and determined to not throw it up into a messy bun or ponytail before I get to the airport. Before I know it my hair wand has become a microphone. "I'd trade my soul for a wish, pennies and dimes for a kiss, I wasn't looking for this but now you're in my way. Your stare was holding, ripped jeans skin was showing, hot night wind was blowin, where you think you're going baby?"

"Hey!" I point to myself in the mirror. "I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe. It's hard to look right at you baby, but here's my number so call me maybe." I go back to creating the loose waves in my hair and some how manage to only burn myself once.

Another alarm goes off on my phone. I grab it to check and see that it's alerting me that Chris' flight has taken off and that I've got about twenty minutes left to get ready.

Dancing my way into my closet one of my favorite songs from college comes on. "Look at the stars, look how they shine for you and everything you do. Yeah, they were all yellow." I decide on a casual look, one that even though will give me comfort, will still stir a little something in Chris. I slide into my skinny blue jeans, scattered with a few rips and toss on the grey and maroon raglan t-shirt before lacing up my Converse tennis shoes.

I may or may not have danced like an idiot all the way to my car. And in my seat as I drove to the airport. I did however draw the line in the parking lot.

I bounce on the balls of my feet, patiently (not really) waiting to see that tall drink of water come through the incoming flights hallway. Those dang butterflies are still swarming my gut, relentless in their efforts of reminding me that months later this man still has complete control over my nerves.

"You waiting on someone?" a voice says near me. I turn towards it seeing a very pregnant woman.

"My boyfriend and his mom. You?" Small talk is a welcomed distraction.

"Husband. Haven't seen him in about seven months," she says as she rubs her belly. "His going away gift." She chuckles as my eyes look at her stomach.

"Military?" I ask.

She nods with a wide smile, looking so proud. "Marines."

"Well, thank you for yours and his service," I tell her with a genuine smile.