.115.

Chris POV

  "I'm gonna run to the ladies room," Opal tells me, beginning to pull herself away from my side once Spencer's musical debut comes to an end.

  "Wait," I grab her hand before she gets too far, bringing her back to me. I lean into her, giving her a kiss to her lips. "I love you."

  She gives me a smile. "I'm just going to the bathroom, Chris," she laughs. "But, I love you too."

  I watch her walk away, noticing Laura walking close behind her, finally getting free of all the congratulations everyone offers up. I feel a hard clap against my back before an arm finds its way over my shoulders. 

  "Can you believe it?" Spencer howls in my ear. One would think he was actually drunk, but no, this is just pure happiness. 

  "Congratulations, man. I'm happy for you," I admit. 

  "You two just leaving me behind completely in the dust," Cooper tells them both, now joining the two. 

  "You could have it too, brother," Spencer tells him. "Hey, why don't we all blow this place and head to Decker's?"

  "I'm in. Pretty sure Janie would be too."

  "Have you even asked her to dance tonight, Coop?" I ask. 

  "She doesn't like to dance."

  My face goes slack, the man in front of me a complete moron. "But did you ask her?"

  "No," he states. 

  I roll my eyes before putting both  hands on his shoulders. "Go and ask your date to dance." I give him a slight push in her direction. "Idiot," I mutter under my breath. 

  I move off the dance floor, seeing as how I'm not dancing and Spencer was pulled into another conversation. I keep my body towards the exit, watching for when Opal returns.

  So tell me why on earth I feel a gentle touch on my bicep.

  "Hey you," CJ says timidly, her hand rubbing along my upper arm.

  I take a deep breath and turn towards her now, mostly to get her to stop touching me. "Why so timid, CJ? That's not like you."

  "Well I didn't think it a good idea to just grab hold of you here in front of everyone."

  I give a slight nod, "You'd be correct. Not a good idea."

  "Where did your friend go?" She's moving closer to me again.

  "My fiancee, went to the restroom." I keep my eyes up and off of her as much as I can considering her dress is hardly covering her. "Still flaunting yourself, I see."

  "You remember my motto.  If you've got it, flaunt it." She swings her hair around, running her hand over it. "Don't you miss it?"

  My gut is telling me to get out of this conversation quickly, but my mouth and brain don't ever work well together when she's around. "Miss what?"

  "Us."

  "Where's Caleb at any way?" I ask, hopeful that reminding her of her boyfriend will put an end to wherever she's wanting to go with this discussion.

  She looks around the room for just a moment, waving her hand about. "He's around here somewhere," she looks back at me, "but he's not you."

  "And I'm not yours. Have a nice life CJ," I insist before walking away, back to our table to wait for Opal.

  Third Person POV

  CJ fumes at Chris' refusal of her advances, stomping off towards the restroom, casting one more glance over her shoulder.  She's poised and confident as she sees the women's restroom door open, a smiling Opal and laughing Laura exiting.