.67.

Opal POV

Once back at Magnolia I get Chris checked in and walk with him up to his room. He unlocks the door, holding it open for me to enter before following behind me. He closes the door dropping his black duffle bag on the chair that sits closest to the door. Next he removes his suit coat as I move around the room, making sure it's in order for our guest, the job of Inn owner never quite going away no matter who the guest is.

"Babe, you're not on the clock right now," I hear him call out from the opposite side of the room. I finish my task at hand, turn down service, before turning to meet his call. I don't get the chance to turn as he comes up behind me, wrapping one arm around my waist while the other rests on my hip, holding me tight against his chest.

"Hmm..." I sigh, relaxing into his form. He sweeps my hair to one side, pushing it over my shoulder before connecting his lips to my neck, his somewhat fuller beard tickling me. I relish in the few moments, feeling his mouth against my skin, my own hand at the nape of his neck.

With the restraint of a saint, Chris stops his pursuit by blowing a raspberry on the point of my skin where my shoulder meets my neck, sending me into a fit of laughter. "You play dirty, officer," I say as I whip around to face him. He gives me a silly smile with a shrug of his shoulders.

Pulling away from me, he goes to unpack his bag, hanging up his shirts in the small closet. "So, how long do I have you?"

He stops mid coat hanger. "I thought we discussed this. Forever, love. You've got me forever."

I chuckle at his joke. "Come on! You know what I mean." I take a seat on the edge of the bed, my hand running across the red and blue plaid pattern.

Chris walks towards me, pulling his shirt up out of his suit pants along the way. "I've got til midday Monday. So, another 36 hours," he answers with a glance at the clock.

"Whatever shall we do with our time?" I tease, watching him now unbutton his dress shirt, the tie having lost its place back at Sonic.

"I don't even care, as long as it's with you." Chris peels his dress shirt off before laying it down on top of his suit coat, his white undershirt hugging his chest, leaving no space between the two. I watch him go to his bag and pull out a pair of bed pants before going into the bathroom, closing the door behind him in order to change in privacy. I'm sure he'd be fine changing in front of me, but I appreciate his willingness to accommodate my situation. "Your Pops looked good tonight. I take it treatments are going well?"

"He did, didn't he?" I ask moving further back on Chris' bed, resting against the headboard. "He's only had three treatments so far, but there haven't been any really terrible side effects so far other than fatigue."

I hear the door knob turn and watch Chris as he steps out of the bathroom looking so soft and comfortable, his Saint Christopher medal resting against his chest now, just over his t-shirt. "We seem to have a problem," he says, walking over to my side of the bed.

"What's that?"

"You're still dressed up. Why don't you get comfortable?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Because maybe if I make the trip to the carriage house I'll just collapse into bed and call it a night. I don't really want to give up any time with you if I can help it," I admit.

"Guess it's a good thing that I have something in that bag for you then," he says smugly. I raise my brow, trying to figure out what he's talking about.

He brings the black duffle to the bed before digging into it. "I'm shocked this didn't go up in flames on my way here." He tosses a small package wrapped only in tissue paper towards me.