.99.

"Opal, you've got to eat something."

  Opal looks down at her plate, a filet with scalloped potatoes, hardly touched. "Not hungry."

  Laura places her hand over Opal's hand that rests on the table. "Please, believe me, you have nothing to worry about."

  She's spent the entire afternoon with the girls, trying to keep her mind off of the impending break up. It was a little easier to partake in the laughter and stories while they were being pampered in preparation for the night out. But now, knowing that she's just a few minutes away from seeing Chris again, she's unsure she can keep herself in check.

  Opal looks back at her friend. "I'm trying, but I need to hear it from him."

  "I have heard it from him, Opal. You forget, I'm up here with him and Spencer. You're all that man can talk about."  Laura uses Opal's fork to spear a piece of steak. "Now, be a good girl and open wide." Opal can't help but give a light chuckle as Laura begins to play airplane as if she's a baby. Finally, giving in and opening her mouth to accept the bite of food. 

  "You good now?" Lily asks from across the table.

  "We'll see," Opal whispers, taking the fork from Laura before enjoying another bite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Feels like just yesterday we were walking this sidewalk, arm in arm." Lily smirks over at her friends. "And look at us now."

"I'm getting married," Laura chimes.

Rae rubs her belly over her beautiful teal dress. "I got knocked up." The girls pause their walk to fall into a group laugh, holding onto one another.

  "I got married," Lily states.

All eyes turn to Opal next.

  Opal takes a deep breath before she exhales slowly. "And I've got a boyfriend. At least for a few more days." She starts to walk off again, heading closer to Decker's.

  Lily grabs her hand, yanking her backwards, back into the group. "Opal Lucas you knock it off right now! I've heard enough of this crap from you today." Opal struggles to look at her friend, teetering on her three inch heels. "That man loves you, so shut up already."

  "Hey, look," Laura says, pointing over Opal's shoulder.

Chris POV

  My nerves had finally kicked in while I was getting dressed and ready. My hands even shaking slightly as I tucked the small blue velvet box into the inside pocket of my jacket.

But now, as we walk down the street towards Decker's in the barely cool evening, the nerves suddenly become incredibly quiet once I see her standing on the sidewalk. The same spot I saw her that first night at Decker's, except this time I know the most intimate details of the brunette.

  I thought she couldn't look more beautiful than the night I took her to Broadway, watching her sing on that stage. But seeing her curves on full display in the lace dress tonight, makes my mouth go dry and my knees suddenly feel weak.

  I see Laura point over to where we're walking up to the bar, signaling to the others that she's seen us. Opal turns to face me and I can't help but smile widely at her.

  I know this night is for Laura and Spencer, but to me there is nothing else tonight but Opal.

  We continue walking, eventually coming face to face with the women as we each release a few whistles and catcalls, causing them to laugh. I can see Opal smiling, and yet I know it's not her true smile.