.16.

Third Person POV

Unbeknownst to both Chris and Opal, Lily and Jameson are hanging around the front of the museum's entrance. The rest of their party is already in the gardens waiting.

"Has he always been this smooth?" Lily asks.

"Not that I can recall. But with the front Opal has been putting up I think he knew he was going to have to go big."

"I really hope she doesn't kill me for lying to her about the limo," Lily frets. Jameson pulls her closer to him, gazing into her eyes, reassuringly.

"Technically you didn't lie. You said the limo was picking the bridal party up at six. Which it did. It just wasn't picking up everyone." Jameson tries to ease her fears. "But by the look on both of their faces, I think we're in the clear."

Lily trots outside to greet both Opal and Chris once the driver has closed the door behind them. Jameson was right, they're glowing.

Opal drops Chris' hand once she spots Lily, taking her into a big hug. "We've got some talking to do, missy," Opal whispers in Lily's ear.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Lily pulls back from Opal, her own face alight, before moving on to greet Chris.
~~~~~
Opal POV

   Chris and I follow behind Jameson and Lily towards the gardens. I catch myself tossing random glances over at him. After the third time he acknowledges it by placing his hand on the small of my back. It's not possessive as if he's marking his territory. No, this is still comforting, like a warm blanket.

   "It's about time!" Laura calls out as we join the rest of the group. I feel Chris' hand leave me as I move in the direction of the girls. With a look over my shoulder I see he's joined the guys as well.

   "It takes time to look good next to y'all, sorry not sorry," I sass.

   "Pretty sure that's not what she meant," Rae chimes in. "We caught that little hand action."

   I shake my head, allowing my eyes to close. "Don't get too excited! He's done it several times at the hospital."

   "Well honey, you aren't at a hospital," Laura reminds me.

   "Can I get everyone to join me here in the center?" The coordinator, Jo, yells out. It had looked like a middle school dance, boys on one side and the girls on the other. We all move towards the middle.

   I steal a glance at Chris just to see him looking at me. He raises his brow ever so slightly. My heart skips again. Might be time to make another appointment with the cardiologist.

   I bring myself back to the coordinator just in time to hear her tell the girls to go to the back of the gardens.

   Before we start our entrance, Jameson and Chris walk down to the front, standing next to the minister. Next is Rae accompanied by Anthony. Then Laura is walked down by Jameson's cousin. I make my way down the aisle alone, staring at the ground. "Eyes up, honey," Jo calls out. I disobey and wait to lift them until I reach the very front, scared of making contact with Chris. Next comes Lily with her dad.

   Once we're all down front the minister goes through an incredibly shorter version of the ceremony. But of course there's always one exception. They want to test the sound for my song.

   I glare at Lily. "How did I let you talk me into this?"

   Lily makes a kissy face at me. "Because you love me!"

   Jo points me to an area that is three steps up just a little higher than where we are. She hands me a microphone and the next thing I know the music starts.