.72.

Opal POV

Opal POV

"Thanks," Scott says as the waitress places our dinner on the table.

After very little debate, we've ended up at Decker's, ordering an array of wings and appetizers between the three of us. "This could feed an army," I mention, taking it all in, wondering where in the world all of this food is going to go.

"Remember dinner at my parents?" Chris asks me. I nod. "We are the small army."

I jokingly lift up his shirt to reveal his belt, quirking my brow at him remembering the last time he ate that way it ended up coming undone before he even got up from the table. He shoos my hand away playfully. "Maybe I won't eat that much," he laughs out, grabbing a BBQ wing using his teeth to tear into it.

Watching both boys and their wings reminds me how incredibly messy they are, so I take the safer route and rip the meat off the bone with my fingers. I don't notice Chris watching my delicate movements until he leans in a bit to my side. "How am I suppose to lick the sauce off of you if you don't get a little messy?"

I turn my head, wide eyed at his words he just spoke in front of his brother. I chew the inside of my lip trying to decide if I want to get in on this inappropriate banter. "Guess you'll just have to suck my fingers then." The words come out, my face set in seriousness. It doesn't last long though as I bust out laughing, both men joining me.

"Don't tempt him," Scott jokes.

"She always tempts me. Have you seen her?" he quips back. Meanwhile I just shake my head, not really enjoying the attention that is being placed on me.

"Evans!" a shout comes from across the bar, pulling us out of our own little world.

Chris grabs a napkin, wiping away the remnants of his dinner that sat on his hands, before moving out of the booth, leaving his spot next to me empty. I watch as the man who called out to him meets him halfway, both hugging each other. They speak for only a moment before Chris motions in our direction, leading the guy over to us.

"Caleb, this is my brother Scott," he begins. Scott doesn't put his out to shake the man's hand but simply does a small nod. "And this is my girlfriend, Opal."

"Nice to meet you," I tell him.

"Caleb is a part of the narcotics team I worked with last year," Chris informs us.

"Miss having you down in the pit with us, Evans. Thinking of making a switch?" he asks Chris. "This guy is an incredible officer."

I watch Chris shrug off the compliment before answering his friend. "No, man. I'm actually getting promoted tomorrow."

"Nice! Congratulations," Caleb boasts before looking over Chris' shoulder towards the door. "My girlfriend just walked in." He motions towards the blonde for her to join us. As she gets closer I notice her long legs that are made to be even longer by the short leather skirt she's wearing along with the thigh high boots.