.51.

Opal POV

Chris rests his hand on my jean clad thigh, rubbing his thumb up and down. He's no doubt doing it to help offer me a bit of comfort as we weave through the traffic of Boston. Once out of the city he tells me it's just a couple more miles to his parent's home.

I stare out of the passenger side window, taking all of the scenery in. The homes are gorgeous even surrounded by trees that have long since began their hibernation. "I bet it's beautiful all covered in snow."

"It is. It's one of my favorite things about this area. And, lucky for you, my little southern belle, you're gonna get to experience snow," he gives my thigh a gentle squeeze.

My eyes go wide in surprise as I turn to face him head on. "Really?" I yell louder than intended, proven only by the fact that it makes Chris flinch back in the tiny car.

"Yes, really."

I feel giddy at the thought of seeing snow considering I've never seen snow. It snowed several years ago in North Florida but that was before I was born. I can't help but do a little dance in my seat. I see Chris just smiling at me as he makes one more turn into a driveway.

My giddy feeling is replaced by nerves all over again. "Have I mentioned it's been a long time since I met a guy's parents?"

"It's really no different than meeting anyone, is it? I mean, I met Pops in the hospital for crying out loud. That was more awkward than this," he admits.

"How much have you told them about me?" I ask timidly, concerned at what I'm really about to walk into.

Chris and I both open our doors at the same time. I notice him give me a look of disapproval at opening my own door. I ignore it.

Coming around to meet me after grabbing my bags for me, he takes my hand in his. "I haven't told them anything except how amazing you are, how beautiful you are, and how stubborn you are."

My face drops at his admission. "I'm kidding!" he pulls me to his side, wrapping his arm around my waist. "I told them they'd have to wait and see how beautiful you are, that my words couldn't do it justice."

I poke him in his side. "If you told them I'm stubborn, I'll make things a lot harder for you this trip."

"You already have." He mutters something under his breath, I act as though I don't hear him. "I'm sorry, what was that?"

"You ready, love?" he asks with a wide smile and mischievous gleam in his eyes.

I follow him onto the wooden porch and watch him open the red painted door. He pulls me in behind him before closing the door. "Ma, we're here!"

A woman, much shorter than Chris, comes around the corner with a dishrag over her shoulder. "Opal!" she calls out immediately wrapping me in her arms. I welcome the warm welcome even though it's something I'm not accustomed to. "It is so good to meet you."

"You too, Mrs. Evans," I respond as she lets go of me. I take a step back, close to Chris once again.

"Stop with that Mrs. Evans mess. It's Lisa." She gives me a wink before she threads her arm through my own and leads me in the direction she came from. "Chris take her bags up and come down for dinner."

"Can I introduce her first?" he asks from behind me.

"I've got it from here, thanks sweetie," she tells him, not missing a beat. I can already tell they have a sweet relationship, maybe even a ball busting one.

We reach the kitchen and she guides me over to the table where an older gentleman sits next to a man that looks to be just barely younger than Chris. "Opal, this is Chris' dad, Robert and his little brother, Scott."