.68.

Opal POV

"So in less than twelve hours of being engaged you've already decided on that many things?" Lily asks, almost dumbfounded by what she's hearing.

The waiter walks away to place our order with the kitchen.

Laura flips back to the first page of her notebook. "Yep."

"Okay, hold on," I say as I pull my phone out, opening up the calendar app. I notice Lily and Rae both doing the same. "Okay, go." The men look at us as if we're crazy. They don't realize the intensity of a wedding from the female's side.

"The wedding will be in July," she tells us. "I'm thinking a Fourth of July wedding."

  "Continuing with your love of Cap I see," I mention with a grin.

"Of this year?" Chris questions.

"Of course this year. We don't want a long engagement," Spencer speaks up. "You up for being Best Man?"

"I figured your brother would be your best man," Chris insists. I chuckle to myself knowing he just doesn't want to have to deal with Laura if he's in that role.

"Well, I was gonna have Opal be my Maid of Honor and thought it would be better if you were Best Man. You know, keep it as close to the relationships as possible," Laura admits.

I have to agree that I do appreciate the thoughtfulness of the action, but I don't want Spencer to not choose his brother just because of that. "If you want your brother in that role, it's perfectly fine."

Spencer shakes his head. "No, I'd rather it be you."

"Alright, man. I accept." He turns and looks at me with a smile. "Always the Best Man, never the Groom." The waiter comes back with our drinks and pulls the attention away from the two of us as he leans in to kiss my temple. "For now." His words send a shiver down my spine, but I do give him a quick wink.

  Already, I love our little secret. It doesn't bother me one bit that Laura is 'officially' engaged before me. I'm thankful for the patient man sitting next to me who continues to pursue me in the sweetest, most heartfelt ways. 

  Rae looks up from the calendar on her phone, slightly panicked. "I'm gonna interject for just a half a second. I'm gonna be a whale at that point in time."

  "I'm sorry, what?" Laura asks as she rips the paper off of her straw.

  "According to my pregnancy app, I'm gonna be around 33 weeks at that point. Is there anyway you could do a little earlier, or at least promise me I don't have to wear a form fitting dress?"

  Laura flips a couple of pages in her notebook. "I'd like to keep the date if possible, but I can compromise on the dress. Will that work?"

  "It's something, so yes," Rae admits although I can tell she's feeling self conscious already and she's only thirteen weeks now. I watch as Anthony places his hand over her barely there belly. "You're gonna be even more beautiful," he tells his glowing wife. Apparently I'm not the only one who hears him as I feel Chris' hand rest on my knee as it sits crossed over my other leg. 

  "We need to go dress shopping soon, because I want that taken care of before the move," she says looking at the three of us.

  "Move?" Lily asks.

  Spencer's face lights up and answers before Laura has the chance. "Yeah, she's gonna move up to Atlanta the first part of April."

  "Oh, wow!" The enormity of this marriage just punched me in the gut, realizing that our group will be split.