.4.

Opal POV

   I knew Lily would never choose a hole in the wall or any place that felt more comfortable. What I was not expecting was the stage off to the corner of the bar. Apparently she chose a karaoke bar.

   The decor definitely fit Lily's aesthetic. Sophisticated and certainly not understated. With a name like Decker's I was expecting something a bit different, maybe more southern like. Then I remember I'm in Atlanta where there's five more bars just a stones throw from here. Whatever the type of nightlife you desire, you can find it here.

   The large dance floor sits in the middle of the room. The actual bar covers the length of one wall and is lit up by a purple glow from the bottom. There's lounge areas apholstered in black and damask prints.

It's just after seven but since it's a Saturday the place seems to be popular and looks to be almost at capacity already. We squeeze by and manage to find a small spot with two chairs. I sit, perched on the arm of Rae's seat.

Laura is already on her way over to the bar. I watch as she walks with such confidence, knowing that several sets of eyes are on her. Within no time there's already one guy falling over himself to speak to her. I know this one will be a no go as he's shorter than she prefers.

"I'm gonna hit the ladies room before it gets too crazy," I shout towards Lily, hoping she hears me over the DJ. She throws a quick thumbs up in acknowledgment.

I'm not even a third of the way across the room before I'm stopped by Laura's attempted suitor. "What's your name?"

"No." Simply stated I continue towards the restroom.

I emerge from the stall to see a couple of very attractive women hogging the space in front of the sinks. "Excuse me," I say in an effort to get them to move out of the way. They each look down their noses at me before placing them back in the air. I stand waiting as they reapply lipstick and attempt to expose more of themselves in preparation for the countless men that will no doubt line up for them.

Finally, with clean hands, I head back out to rejoin the girls. Not surprisingly they're out on the dance floor each with a drink in their hand. Rae waves me over. I hold up one finger and move my head towards the bar indicating I'd be there in a minute.

I manage to squeeze myself into a very small open spot along the bar. "Excuse me!" Attempting to grab a bartender's attention is proving difficult. The male bartenders paying more consideration to the women who are openly flirting with them. Meanwhile the female bartenders seem to only have eyes for the men who unashamedly are hitting on them.

I'm close to giving up when I feel a hand on my shoulder. Turning slightly I see Rae has joined me. In no time a male bartender asks for her order. Thankfully she includes my seltzer with her glass of red.

"You're a lifesaver," I tell her, resting my head on her shoulder for a moment, batting my lashes at her. She giggles and starts to speak but is interrupted by the guy next to her.

I can't hear what he's saying but she gladly tosses up her left hand, wiggling her ring finger around showing off her wedding ring. With that she takes her wine glass and heads back to the dance floor. I reach out to grab my seltzer and join her. Unfortunately said male has slid into the space Rae previously occupied. He smiles and raises his eyebrow. "What's your sign?"

"No." I walk away towards the dance floor not giving him a second thought.

~~~~~
Chris POV

"I swear I'm not kidding! The guy took off running, butt naked! I'm just glad Spence was the one that caught him," Janie laughs out. "That would've been real awkward trying to cuff him."