.40.

A sharp noise, similar to an alarm, causes Chris to wake up startled. The light in the living room coming from his cell breaking through the dark.

   Briefing in 30.

   He huffs a sigh, noticing that it is just 4 AM. With a quick stretch of his aching muscles he gets up and ready using the half bath off the hallway.

   Chris sneaks quietly into his bedroom, making every effort not to wake the beauty resting in his bed. He places a note he scribbled onto the pillow next to Opal before leaning down to place a tender kiss to her temple.

Just as he reaches the door to leave he hears her shuffle in the bed. "Chris?"

He walks back to the bedside, crouching down. He uses one hand to brush the hair off of Opal's face as it splays across the midnight blue sheets. "Sorry, sweetheart. I've got to go in for a bit. Go back to sleep."

Opal's eyes falter, refusing to stay open no matter how hard she tries. "Okay," she mutters sleepily before her breathing steadies once again. Chris is relatively certain she won't remember this in a couple of hours.

~~~~~

"No!" Opal shouts back at her friend across the table.

"Come on! Could be fun," Laura responds wiggling her brows, watching Opal continue to shake her head back and forth.

"There is no time in my life in which playing 'Strip Poker' with you would be fun. No," she refuses. Opal crosses her arms in front of her chest, unwilling to budge on the dumb idea made by the gorgeous woman in front of her.

"Prude." Laura rolls her eyes before plopping down on Chris' couch next to Spencer.

Opal isn't a prude, at least she use to not be. But due to some decisions she's made for herself there are just some things she's not willing to be a part of. And having her friend strip down next to nothing in front of Opal's boyfriend is definitely one of them.

Spencer, thankfully, speaks up. "I'm with Opal on this one. I'd rather not have my friend here seeing my girl showing skin."

"Y'all are no fun," Laura pouts. "Come on, Chris. Convince them."

"Oh no, no, no," he says quickly. "Not gonna happen, Laura." He takes a swallow of his beer before speaking again. "Not to mention, I've not played since the Academy incident."

"The Academy incident?" Opal questions him. "Do share, babe."

"Let me think about it... Yeah, that's gonna be a no too," he laughs out.

Opal pulls out her cell from the back pocket of her jeans, opening it to Jameson's contact information. "That's okay, I'll just ask Jameson."

"No you won't!" Chris jumps up from his seat at the table, lunging towards Opal.

"Ah!" she squeals and attempts to run away. Chris grabs her waist from behind as Opal holds her phone as far away from her body as she can.

Chris tries to reach her hands to grab the phone but realizes her arms are a lot longer than he realized. He decides it's time for a different approach and begins digging his fingers into her waist, tickling her.

"Ow! Oh, ple- please stop," she laughs out, attempting to catch her breath.

"Give up the phone, Ope," Chris demands playfully as he continues his attack on her form.

"Tell me!" she huffs out between giggles.

"Nope."

"Chr-, Chris! You're gonna make me pee my pants!" Opal is laughing harder than he's ever heard her, and it's pure bliss to his ears.