.41.

"Whose bright idea was this?" Opal asks. She's standing in front of Chris' walk in closet, hands on her hips.

  "You're the one that said you weren't ready to go to sleep," he points out.

   The televised concert had ended just after 9. The two had spent some time just talking about random things before Opal popped out of bed, mentioning she wasn't tired. 

  "Not being ready to go to sleep and cleaning out a closet don't necessarily go hand in hand, Evans."

   "But if I just sit around, I will fall asleep. What kind of host would I be then?" he jokes. 

   Opal turns to hold his waist, looking up at him softly. "The kind that is sleepy and might get a call to go to the station at any point in time." She feels him stroke her back through her pajama top. 

  "I want to spend every possible moment I can with you, sweetheart." He leans down to kiss the tip of her nose. "What's that saying? I'll sleep when I'm dead." 

  "Okay then." She turns away from him. "Where do we start?"

   She looks back at him, noticing his face is scrunched up. "Um... clothes? Shoes? I don't know."

   "I can tell, thus the reason it's a mess," Opal laughs up at him. "I'll start down here on the floor, you take the shelves."

  The floor is an absolute disaster, shoes just tossed inside rather than placed neatly. Boxes are piled on top of one another, looking as though they've been there for a while. Clothing items that have fallen off of hangers. 

   "Maybe it looks worse than it actually is," Chris says as he starts refolding some of the items before returning them to the appropriate shelves. 

   "Depends on how long this takes," Opal says passing him a pair of sweat pants that were covering up a pair of brown dress shoes. Next she notices a navy blue hoodie donning a New England Patriots emblem. "The Patriots? Really?"

   Chris looks down at me, narrowing his eyes. "The Jaguars? Really?"

   Opal feigns anger as she slaps his calf that's next to her. "Ow! At least my team wins Super Bowls. Yours can't even get a W in the box," he teases her, nudging her leg with his foot. 

   "Don't make me come up there, Officer."

   "Like you can take me." He challenges her. 

   "Please. I can make you crumble like a kid begging for his mama," she matches his tone as she stands, chest to chest with her boyfriend.

   "Bring it, baby." The mischievous glint taking over his eyes with that daring smirk coming across his lips. 

  Opal reaches up grabbing Chris by the neck before crashing her lips to his. He meets her passion with his own, passing his tongue over his own lips into her mouth. The moment feels urgent as Opal presses her body against his, pushing him towards the wall. She takes his hands in hers pulling on them to lead him to the floor where she previously sat. Chris follows her urgency, never breaking the kiss. They are both on their knees, facing each other, Chris' hand threads it's way into Opal's hair guiding the kiss. But before he gets much further Opal pulls back and stands up right.

  "What are you doing?" he asks as he looks up at her now. "I wasn't done."

   Opal returns his gaze. "Told ya," she smirks.

   "Wait. What?"

   "Look who is on his knees. And while you may not be begging for your mama, I have you begging for me." She tosses a wink his way before turning back to the task at hand. She releases a quiet chuckle as she hears Chris moan, dropping his head in his hands. "I knew there had to be something up. I was just thankful you didn't kick me in the crotch to bring me to my knees."