.58.

Opal POV

I lazily stretch my body underneath the covers, keeping my stretching moans as silent as possible on the off chance Chris is still asleep. I don't hear any shuffling around the room so I assume he's still asleep. Rolling over towards the large windows of the hotel room I open my eyes, taking in the gloomy look from the sky. The sun appears to be wanting to spend the day in bed as well to welcome in the New Year.

Last night was by far the most exciting night of my life. The passion and joy that Chris exudes bleeds over to me anytime that I am with him. I hope eventually his confidence may do the same. But, if only for a moment last night, I felt like I was the center of attention in someone's life other than my Pops. And wow, was it incredible. It's a feeling I never want to forget nor lose, one I'd like to keep with me forever. Some how, I feel like with Chris I can make that happen.

My daydream becomes reality as a warm body climbs into my bed, wrapping his arms around me. The contented sigh that escapes my lips is all he needs to hear before pulling me even closer to him before his lips find my exposed neck.

"Good morning, beautiful," his voice still laden with sleep. A voice that stirs something deep within me, wishing I could hear it daily.

"Morning. Did I wake you?"

"No, I was waiting for you to wake up." Another kiss to my neck.

"What time is it?" I ask since I'm facing away from the alarm clock.

"It's just nine."

"Just nine! We didn't go to sleep til four," I laugh out.

"How are you feeling after last night?" he asks, concerned.

"My lips are a little swollen and could use some chapstick, but I'm okay. It's not everyday I get to have multiple hour long make-out sessions with my boyfriend," I say with a smile on my face as I shift in his arms, turning to face him.

"I can't say I'm sorry because I'd be lying," he rubs his nose along mine. "And I told you I'd always be honest with you."

"Mmhm. Speaking of, what's the plan for today?"

"I've got a couple of ideas, but is there anything you'd really like to do?" he offers.

"I would probably pass out if I got the chance to ice skate in Central Park."

"Lucky for you, that was on my list. But, you're not allowed to pass out," he smiles before pecking my nose with his lips.

"Okay, so I chose something, you choose something." I sit up in the bed but continue facing him as he rolls onto his back tucking a hand under his head.

"Deal. But mine isn't until this evening. So how about breakfast, bundle up and go ice skating. Maybe come back here, take a nap because let's face it five hours isn't gonna be enough for either of us after yesterday. And then dinner and my date tonight?"

"You have yourself a deal, Officer Evans." I climb off of the bed. "Give me fifteen minutes?"

Chris sits up and catches my arm as I walk past the end of the bed. He pulls me down to sit on his lap. "If you give me fifteen kisses."

I look at him as if he's crazy. "Morning breath."

"I do not care. Lips on mine. Now."

"So demanding, Christopher," I smile and roll my eyes.

He narrows his eyes, giving me his smug smirk. "You love it."

Yes, yes I do, I think to myself as I grant his wish.