.8.

I swear this day seems never ending. 

   Lily has effectively been driving me insane, by my side most of the day. I still have my responsibilities at the Inn but yet she feels like my Maid of Honor duties should take priority.  I've worked too hard to see anything go wrong here with the Inn.

    Magnolia Inn is my baby. Well, mine and Pops baby. He is actually the one that found it 8 years ago. I had been finishing up a degree in business, still trying to figure out what exactly I was going to do with it, when Magnolia Inn practically fell into his lap.  Granny had been gone for about two years at that point and he was desperate for a project. Low and behold, he convinced me to open Magnolia. It took about six months of work to bring it up to standards acceptable for this area of town. The first two months of business he was our cook, creating three meals a day, some with multiple courses. Once he found someone worthy of taking over his kitchen, Mila to be exact, he handed over the reigns and with a kiss on my cheek told me to have fun.

   That doesn't mean it's been easy. I've lost a lot of sleep, some blood and sweat, and cried many tears to get it to where it is today. And even now, I know it could all change in the blink of an eye.

    "Opal, I want these welcome baskets in each room before the guests get here." Lily informs me for the second time today.

    "I know. And they will be. But first, I need to finish checking the guests out and then the rooms need to be cleaned. Take the baskets into my office, I'll take care of them in a couple of hours."

    "But guests, could be showing up any time now." She's agitated, and I just don't care.

   "They can't check in for another four hours anyway. Chill out. I'd say go grab a cup of coffee but it would need to be decaf. Maybe go take a valium," I mention knowing that she keeps them on hand for when she gets this way. 

   "Can't. I only have three left and today is not a valium day."

   "Then go have lunch, and when you get back I'll have an empty Inn and we can set to work on the welcome gifts, okay?"  She seems as though this plan suits her needs as she grabs her keys from her purse.  

    She takes a few steps towards the exit before stopping. She turns back to me. "Ope?"  

   "Yes ma'am?"

    "Thank you."  I return her soft smile.  "Anytime, friend. Anytime."

   I go back to cover the front desk as my manager is on her lunch break.  The Inn will be at capacity this weekend due to it being rented out completely for out of town wedding guests. Honestly, I couldn't be happier to do this for Lily and Jameson. She may drive me absolutely insane, causing me to question why I don't drink, but she is my best friend. I will always do whatever I can for her, as long as I'm capable of it.

    While waiting for the couple of guests left to check out, I go back over my checklist that I created months ago. Lily requested some events around Magnolia to help the guests get to know each other and to provide some entertainment leading up to the big day on Sunday. 

   Tonight's event is just a little mixer in our sitting area and dining room. Drinks, hors d'oeuvres and a harpist will round out the evening. I know not all of the guests will be here in time to enjoy it, but we can welcome those early birds.