.63.

Opal POV

The hustle and bustle around Magnolia was exhausting this time of year, not only for myself but especially Mila. While I kept most everything from crashing at our feet, her job was strictly the kitchen, which for the upcoming holiday, Valentine's Day, was of utmost importance. There's only a handful of dates through the year in which we open the dining room up for non guests, which causes our dining room to be filled to capacity for the day before Valentines, the day of and the day after. I can't complain because it's extra revenue for all of us, and gives Mila the opportunity to play around with new, more expensive menu items.

Our rooms are booked almost at capacity during this holiday as well for short quick out of town trips that loved ones give each other, a mini vacation. It works out even better this year because it falls on a weekend.

All of this to say, I won't be celebrating this year, but working. Nonstop.

So here I am, three days before the 'love' holiday packing a bag to go spend it with my staff, and alone, at Magnolia in the carriage house.

Walking into my closet for the fifth time in ten minutes I look back across the rack of clothes trying to decide what else I can pack that fits the Valentine's theme. I finger through the section that has my nicer dresses before I find it. It's red, which I guess is a bit cliche for Valentine's but, who am I trying to impress? Nobody, just an attempt to make myself feel better about spending it alone. I pull it out, reminded of Chris' one sided conversation a few days ago about my butt in a red dress. He's not experienced that yet, so I suppose a photo will be in order.

As I step back out of my closet, moving to hang the dress with the rest of my items in the garment bag my phone rings, alerting me to a FaceTime call. An automatic smile takes over my face as I see his name scroll across the screen.

"Hey babe," I answer, watching his face come into view.

  "Do you ever not look amazing?" he questions, causing me to raise a brow at him before looking down at my sweatshirt and mismatched pajama pants

"Do you ever not look amazing?" he questions, causing me to raise a brow at him before looking down at my sweatshirt and mismatched pajama pants. My hair resting on top of my head in a messy, high pony still wearing yesterday's makeup.

"Are you blind, Evans?"

"Nope. Just in love." I roll my eyes before setting the phone up on my nightstand. "What are you up to?"

I sit down on the bed and begin folding clothes. "Packing. I'm gonna stay at the Inn for the holiday crowd."

"Sounds exciting. Just wish you were packing to come here," he admits.

A sigh escapes my lips before I can stop it. "You and me both." We've not been able to see each other in person since the trip to New York. Chris went back on shift mid January and hasn't been able to get away for any length of time.

"I wanted to run something by you," he begins.

"Shoot."

He flips his Boston Bruins cap around on his head before he starts again. "Remember mom mentioning something about a trip down this Spring?"