.93.

*Unedited...sorry*

"I swear, Opal. I didn't think anything of it," Laura confesses for the third time.

"None of us did," Rae admits, putting her arm around Opal.

All four women were now on the other side of the street, preparing to continue their trek to whatever destination Laura had in mind before Opal's PTSD episode.

PTSD. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Opal remembered Chris mentioning it back when someone broke into her home, but she had no idea that it would creep up on her following the accident. She'd been completely fine, crossing streets without issue. But today, this was the exact street, exact spot she was crossing as she was struck by a car that decided to run a red light.

Why would they think anything of it? It didn't happen directly to them.

"It's fine now," Opal assures all of them. "Let's continue, shall we?" She knows she can't dwell on this or she'll become a frozen puddle of mush all over again in desperate need of her boyfriend once more.

"Maybe we should do this another time," Lily offers.

"Can't," Laura speaks up. "I go back tomorrow and this is a treat on me."

"Exactly, so, lead the way." Opal gives her best friend a nod, assuring her that she's fine to continue the adventure. She then puts her hand out in front of her for Laura to continue.

Rae walks alongside Laura as Lily hangs back with Opal. She feeds her hand through the crook of Opal's arm. "You scared me," she whispers only loud enough for Opal to hear.

"It scared me too," Opal admits, her eyes threatening to spill over once more.

"So," Lily starts, "Chris?"

Opal turns to look at her best friend. "What about him?"

Lily gives her friend a small smile. "I've been replaced." Her voice is sweet, nothing menacing in it.

"What do you mean?" Opal's brow furrows as she waits for an answer.

"He's your person now, Ope."

This thought has already occurred to Opal, as he's been with her through so many ordeals over the last seven months. But, she never thought of him actually replacing someone. "Lily, I'm so sorry."

Lily pulls on Opals arm for her to stop walking and face her. "I don't want you to be sorry. This is a good thing. You've let someone else into your life that you use to keep closed and locked away. I'm proud to no longer be that for you."

"That's such an odd thing to say," Opal giggles out, but yet still needing to wipe away the tears that have fallen during her friend's speech.

"Well, you know me. I'm blunt." The girls start walking to catch up with Laura and Rae who have reached wherever it is they were headed. "He's the one, ya know."

Opal doesn't say a word, she just looks next to her and let's a sweet smile play on her lips as she takes in Lily's admission.

"What are we doing here?" Opal asks once they reach the others.

"Outfits for the Bachelor/Bachelorette party. On me," Laura announces with a wink as she opens the door.

"That's really not necessary," Opal tells her, following the others into the shop.

"Yes it is. Now hush and shop."

Rae's eyes light up as she sees there is actually a maternity section. She makes a beeline straight for a beautiful deep teal wrap dress. "Me first!" she calls out over her shoulder taking the dress of the rack. A sales woman comes to join her, leading her to a dressing room.