9. (MCU) Loki - Crimson Clover *

https://handmaiden-of-mischief.tumblr.com/

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 | Loki x female reader

𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 | by @sunshineyrosie , I hope you like it, dear!

𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲 | An accident at Dr Banner's lab brings you to Loki's doorstep, desperate and in pain, to seek the trickster's help. Loki, who'd once been your friend; who stole your heart and then left without any explanation. (reader is an Avenger & the whole story takes place after the second Thor movie)

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 | smut, fluff, angst with a happy ending

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 | 9 k

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 | SMUT (ONLY READ IF YOU'RE 18+ YEARS OLD!), unprotected sex (please be safe in real life and wear a condom!), sex pollen (it's a dub-con trope but these two idiots are secretly in love with each other and I've written it with as much consent as possible)

-----

"Bruce," you greeted, after a short glance at your phone's display before accepting the call, "Let me guess, Tony was getting on your nerves and you finally murdered him?"

With your free hand, you shovelled a spoon full of sugar into the mug of fresh, steaming coffee on the kitchen counter in front of you.

The doctor laughed. "Not yet, but he's working hard to get there. It's a miracle I haven't turned into the Hulk yet and smashed the whole town. What about you? I was sure if we left you and Loki alone for a whole week, one of you wouldn't survive it. Which makes me wonder, since I'm talking to you right now, if we'll ever find his corpse."

You forced yourself to a short giggle, but it sounded fake and strained even to your own ears. So, the icy silence between you and Loki had not escaped your friends' notice.

"Is that why you called?", you asked with a light-heartedness you didn't feel, and hadn't felt in a while, "To make sure I'm still alive? I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself."

"I called because I forgot to pack my notebook and I need you to send it to me."

"Can't FRIDAY just send the necessary data to you?"

A beat of silence, before he answered, a little indignantly, "Notebook as in paper-and-pen, not laptop."

"How very old-school for somebody who's working together with Tony Stark."

"It prods him as much as he keeps prodding my nerves."

"I'll get it for you," you huffed.

"Great. Thank you. It's a little black, leather-bound book, somewhere in the lab."

Somewhere in the lab. He could as well have asked you to find a lost ring somewhere in the streets of New York City – the last time you'd set foot in Banner's lab, which he occasionally shared with Tony, you'd felt as if you'd stepped right into the Room Of Hidden Things from Harry Potter, what with the chaos lurking behind the metal doors.

"It might take a few days. If you don't hear from me again, I might have gotten lost in there so please send help," you deadpanned, and told him goodbye.

It felt strange, this quietness which had settled over the Avengers headquarters, like a once lively, bustling city which had been abandoned. It had turned into a ghost town, with everyone gone on separate missions, on visits to families and science conventions. The only two people left to wander the empty rooms were you...and Loki. Ghosts roaming around and haunting each other, you thought with a bitter smile as you grabbed the cup of coffee you'd just prepared and left the kitchen, only to bump into the raven-haired trickster in the doorway.