87. (Hocus Pocus) Thackery Binx - Cats and Counter-Curses

https://dem-obscure-imagines.tumblr.com/

Prompt: A thackery Binx one where the reader is a good witch from present times and tries to help them get rid of the sisters, while also searching for a way to turn him back?

Warnings: None?

Word Count: 3636

A white witch was what they called you. It was what your mother and grandmother were. Filled with light magic and a good soul. Your powers were growing steadily as you came of age, and training with two of the best witches in Salem certainly helped things along.

And yet, despite the nature of your powers, you and your folk still dressed...well, witchy. Most of your closet was black, and you tended to wear lots of jewelry: rings, bracelets, chokers, lockets, the like. At any given moment, your fingers had around four or five rings on them, more if they were small and you could wear a few on each finger.

Your eyes were violet, a witchy trait that ran in your family. It was part of your blood, a signal to the rest of the magical world that you were a good witch, someone to help. It was like a beacon to the black cat that spotted you on your way home from school.

As if the rest of your wardrobe and your black painted nails didn't already give it away, the cat's green eyes widened like saucers when he spotted your eyes. He watched you walk past him and then began to trot beside you, finally grabbing your attention when his little black paws began to crunch in the leaves.

"Hey there, little guy." You stooped down to rub between his ears. You didn't spot a collar, but he seemed to be extremely friendly, rubbing against your legs several times and meowing. "Are you lost?"

"No, just looking around," he replied, a human voice escaping his cat exterior. Your eyes widened. Sure, you had come across a talking animal here or there in your adventures, but it was still a shock.

"You can talk."

"I can, yeah. Took quite a while to learn how to use these vocal chords, but three hundred years gives you a lot of practice."

"Oh my God, no way." Your eyes widened. Having lived in Salem all your life, you were well aware of his sad tale."You're Thackery Binx!"

"Yes. I am. And judging by your eyes, I assume you're the youngest of the Salem line."

"Well, my little cousin Lindy is the youngest, but I'm pretty close. I'm (Y/N)."

The two of you walked for a few more minutes before finally going up the front steps to your house and walking inside.

"Come on in." You motioned around the front room. It was a very witchy place. The moment the cat stepped through the doors, he could feel the magic here. It was like a pulse, strong and steady, the power rolling off of it in waves. "This is home."

"I'll say." The small black cat trotted through the room, looking around at all the baubles and bits. A few potions here, a few ingredients there, and spell books lining every shelf. "Quite a bit of magic you've got here."

"Well, my family has lived here forever. It kind of adds up." you shrugged and sat down on the couch. "So, three hundred years as a cat, huh? What've you been up to?"

"Protecting the Black Flame Candle from those who might try to light it. And trying to find someone like you."

"Someone like me. You know, it's not too hard to find witches in Salem."

"It is if you're looking for the good kind." he sort of chuckled. "I was afraid the others would turn me into something worse."

"Thackery Binx." Your mother walked into the room, a sort of amused grin settled on her features as she looked over the cat. "I wondered if we'd ever cross paths."