22. (HP) Remus Lupin - Nothing But A One Man Cause

https://enviedear.tumblr.com/

DESCRIPTION ⌙ in which remus is the only person you could ever want, but he doesn't feel the same.

PAIRING ⌙ remus x fem!reader

WORD COUNT ⌙ 1.2k

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

your throat is aching, you body is on fire, and your eyes are threatening to spill a hurricane of tears. everything is too loud. the lights are too bright. nothing feels right in your mind. because there he sat, oblivious to your plight, and staring longingly at dorcas meadows.

remus lupin. the boy you've loved ever since he gave you a chocolate frog in first year. the boy who always paired up with you in potions, because he knew how much you hated it. the boy who holds your hair back when you drink too much.

the boy who has unknown ownership of your heart and soul.

he runs his hands through fluffy brown hair before blushing and looking down at his dinner plate.

your tears are hard to fight now. all you want is for him to look at you like that.

"is everything alright, y/n?" lily asks from beside you.

you look away from the boy and to your best friend, "of course, just worried about my charms essay."

your smile is false as you tell her your lie and she gives you a doubtful look before saying, "i thought you said you felt good about that?"

"i remembered i was supposed to write about form— and i didn't. probably nothing to be worked up about i suppose." you sigh, hands playing with your sleeve.

"absolutely not something you should be working yourself up about" sirius' says, grin plastered to his face.

peter puts a hand on your shoulder, "flintwick loves you, y/n. i doubt he'll care you forgot."

you smile at your friends, thanking them silently.

you could always tell them about your actual issue— but you'd hate to be labeled as the friend helplessly in love with another. it's better for no one to know.

no matter how much it hurts.

"i'm going to head to bed early lils, i'll leave the transfig notes on your desk." you say, grabbing for your bookbag.

"would it be okay if i got a look at them before lily? i'll walk you back to the common." remus says, eyes big and beyond perfect.

you swallow, "yeah, that's fine."

lily waves you a farewell as remus and you walk away from the table.

the boy talks as you weave your way to the gryffindor tower and you add small remarks— scared that if you say more you might break down right in front of him.

when you both walk into the common room he plops down on the couch and gestures for you to sit beside him. you pause before you do, mind reeling with thoughts.

his legs brush against yours as you sit down and the simple touch makes your heart flutter.

you clear your throat as you pull out your notes and hand them to him, "i missed a bit on nonverbal spells, sorry. minnie was teaching at the speed of light today."

remus chuckles and takes the parchments from you, "that's fine, love."

the sentimental nickname doesn't go unnoticed by you and you feel your fluttering heart beat even faster.

"lily says she's worried about you. that you've been sleeping a lot more— is everything okay?" the boy asks, sincere.

you sigh, "you know how it gets. just nice to escape to dreamland."