52. (MCU) Bucky Barnes - Who's She?

https://itsapeterthing.tumblr.com/

pairing: bucky barnes x doctor!readersummary: when sam gets injured during a mission and isn't able to go to a hospital, bucky brings him and natasha to his own home to get cared for by his girlfriend, y/n, who he's been keeping a secret.a/n: this is my first time writing for bucky! reblogs and replies are super appreciated! also here i'm going to pretend that bucky didn't get snapped so you started dating during the blip and natasha didn't dieword count: 2.9kwarnings: mentions of blood, sam getting shot, fluff

-----

"Shit."

He followed the sound of the gunshot to another open room within the warehouse. He watched as the group they had been fighting fled the building, hopping into their trucks and speeding away before he even had the chance to process what was happening in front of him never mind go after them. When the group dispersed out of the room he finally saw what all the commotion had been about- Sam was lying on the floor with Natasha kneeling above him at his side.

"What happened?" Bucky asked, jogging towards where the two of them were in the center of the large, open room.

Natasha looked up, her hands feeling around Sam's shoulder, blood coating her hands.

"There's no exit wound." She told him finally, standing up. "We have to get him out of here."

Bucky watched as Sam groaned, still lying on the ground, with his hand putting pressure on his shoulder.

"So, what?" Bucky asked her. "We take him to a hospital?"

Nat shook her head. "We weren't supposed to be here. If we take him to a hospital now... they'll find out." She turned back to Sam. "Feel good enough to walk?" She asked him.

"I don't know." Sam said. "How far are we going?"

Natasha shrugged, placing her fist underneath her chin, assessing the situation.

"Well," She told him. "We can't go to a hospital... but I could try my best in the back of the van."

At that, Sam pushed himself up onto his elbows with a look of fear in his eyes as he turned to look between Natasha and Bucky.

"You're joking right?" He grimaced. "There's nothing else we can do?"

Watching the situation play out before him, Bucky swore to himself knowing what he was about to do and partly regretting the decision before he even made it. As much as Sam could piss him off, he knew better than to let him suffer under Nat attempting to stitch him up. He couldn't let him go through that when there was a better way.

"Shit." Bucky shook his head, reaching his hand out to Sam to pull him up. "Fine. I know somewhere we can go."

Natasha and Sam looked at each other, quirking their eyebrows, questioning how Bucky of all people would know somewhere to go in a situation like this. Not in a position to argue, however, Sam took his hand, standing to his feet.

"So... where are we headed?"

It had been a half an hour long drive before Bucky finally pulled the car over to the side of the road outside of an apartment building. Natasha and Sam followed his lead as he walked inside, up the stairs and unlocked one of the doors with his set of keys.

Hearing the key turning in the lock and commotion outside your apartment door, you spun around from your seat on the couch watching as you boyfriend, Bucky walked in the door of your shared apartment.

"You were gone for so long you almost had me wor-"

Before you could finish your sentence you watched as none other than Sam Wilson and Natasha Romanoff made their way through the door of your apartment. Although you had never been introduced, you recognized them immediately as members of the famous group of Avengers and coworkers of your boyfriend.