76. (ROTG) Jack Frost - Our Memories

https://daydreaming-away-reality.tumblr.com/

----

"Aw, come on (Y/N)!" I called out, hurrying after her. "What do you mean winter isn't cold enough?"

She turned around and her stunning (E/C) eyes hitting my own blue eyes.

"You're too hot to make winter cold," (Y/N) deadpanned.

With that, she spun around and continued on her walk away from me. Shocked by her words, I froze. My cheeks heated up before I recollected myself and hurried after her figure.

"(Y/N)! Wait!"

She halted and when I finally stood in front of her, I decided to inquire her about the meaning of her statement.

"What do you mean?"

"I'll leave it up to your interpretation," she simply said. Ducking her head, I could just make out the faint blush on her cheeks before she darted off.

Grinning, I followed after her, ready to spend my day with her.

That happened a few months ago. (Y/N) and I had known each other for a few years. She had grown from a wide eyed and adorable little girl to a beautiful, sarcastic but kind of shy person who I had irrevocably fallen for.

Through snowball fights to chilly spring nights, all those memories we had together were important to me. I don't know if she cherished them the same way I did, but I hoped so.

For some reason though, I hadn't seen her since that last encounter. I knew we both had our responsibilities, but we always found time for each other. A pang of hurt echoed with my every heartbeat. Was she avoiding me? I didn't do anything wrong did I?

Wandering the familiar streets of her hometown, I stopped in front of her home. Staring at the building, I noticed a gloomy air that seemed to surround the place. Although I couldn't make out the words, I heard the sound of sad murmurs coming from the people who walked by.

"Where are you, (Y/N)?" I mumbled to myself.

Turning to leave, I noticed a girl standing not far from me. She was completely unaware of the people around her as she stared at the same building that I had been looking at.

She looked so familiar, I couldn't figure out why, until my voice reacted before my brain.

"(Y/N)!"

The girl startled, her (E/C) hues focusing on me.

(Y/N).

I hurried over to her give her a hug, relieved to see her again. But the moment I was close enough, she backed away, scared by my approach.

"Who are you?" she quietly asked.

I dropped my arms, nervous. This was (Y/N). Something wasn't right though.

"(Y/N)... You don't remember me?"

She shook her head, tucking a strand of her (H/C) hair back.

"Sorry. I'm not sure what happened, but I actually can't remember anything but my name."

My heart dropped.

"Oh. Okay."

She tilted her head to peer at me.

"Did... you know me?"

I ran a hand through my white hair. Would it right for me to tell her everything? She didn't know who she was anymore. If I confessed my feelings for her, would she be able to accept everything despite not knowing if I was telling her the truth?