120. (Narnia) Edmund Pevensie - Sword practice

https://themarvel-spnmultifanwriter.tumblr.com/

Pairing: Edmund x Reader

Warnings: sword practice, fluff, growing feelings

Word Count: 1.1k

-----

I sat in my room and put on a shirt and pants. Outside the castle I could already hear the sound of swords clinking.

I went to the window of the castle and looked outside. Peeta was practicing his sword technique with one of the Centaur. A few others were standing around watching.

I stepped away from the window and looked at myself in the mirror. Today I would get my first sword lesson. I was nervous. I never held a sword before. After the fight with the white witch there was peace in Narnia, but I knew that something could happen any time, some creature could bring the white witch back or perhaps another evil creature.

Back then, when Narnians fought the white witch, I was too young to fight myself.

A few Centaur hid me from the white witch when she tried to kill all children. The Centaur family I lived with died in the battle and Susan found me and brought me to the castle where I live now.

I knew it was time, time to learn how to fight so I could be ready to fight for Narnia when I needed to. I took a deep breath in, turned away from the mirror and around to the door, opened it and went outside.

In the garden of the castle, where Peeta was still fighting, everyone had their sword already. I spotted a few swords on a bench and took one.

"Hello y/n" I heard a voice behind me.

"Prince Edmund" I turned around and bowed.

"Please, y/n, we talked about this. You can just call me Edmund" the young King chuckled.

"I'm sorry ki- Edmund" I smiled.

Edmund and I didn't talk a lot. The young King was busy training and helping his brother to lead Narnia. My duties were in the castle. Lucy, young Queen of Narnia gave me company sometimes. She became one of my closest friends.

"So what are you doing here? Are you joining the training?" I asked Edmund.

"Actually" Edmund took a sword "I've came for a different reason. My sister told me that you wanted to learn how to use a sword and that this would be your first lesson. Now, I don't want to say that Peeta isn't a good teacher, he is indeed, but I thought it might be a better way to learn if you spent the time with me. I figured some private lessons would be more of use for you to get handy with the sword. "

I was flattered. The young kind who would make all young girls of Narnia be flattered with one look wanted to spend time with me.

To be honest, I never dared thinking of Edmund as someone I could catch feelings for. How? He was the king and I a simple girl. But the way he looked at me turned my cheeks red and formed a smile on my face.

"I feel honoured King, I'm sorry, Edmund" I said nervous, yet happy.

"Great! I thought we could go somewhere else tho. Somewhere more... Private, if that's alright with you"

"Yes of course" I nodded and Edmund helped me pick a sword he figured would be good for me.

We, then, went to a meadow a few minutes away from the castle. It was noon and the sun stood high. The wind ran through my hair.

Edmund took his sword and showed me how to hold it.

"Like this ?" I asked. The sword was heavier than I thought.

"Not exactly. Wait" he went over to me. His arms wrapped around me from behind and his hands embraced me. His head was resting on my shoulder to have a better view. With his hands he made me hold the sword higher. "Now put your right foot a bit further. It helps you keep balance while fighting" his voice was saying quiet in my ear and his breath reached my right cheek as he spoke.

I did what he told me. Edmund let go of me and took his sword again. Then he showed me some fighting moves. After some minutes I began to move my sword faster and grew some confidence with it. After two hours I managed to fight Edmund easy, tho I knew he wasn't fighting serious. I was proud of myself, but yet exhausted.

"Very impressive! You are amazing y/n" Edmund smiled.

"Thank you" I said glad. We, then, started walking back to the castle. The sword in my hand was feeling extremely heavy by now.

"Let me help you with this" Edmund said, one hand reaching for my sword, the other for my arm. I let go of the sword and he took it.

"Thanks"

"I know the swords can be heavy at first, but after some time you will get used to it trust me" Edmund smiled at me. His free hand was still touching my arm.The young king looked at the floor, then back at me.

"Y/n I... I enjoyed today"

"Me too" I admitted. Though I couldn't see myself I was convinced that my cheeks turned red again by now.

"We never spend much time before" Edmund said. I nodded. He had stopped touching my arm by now and was tapping his foot and scratching his back.

"Edmund are you nervous?" I chuckled. The thought of me making one of the Kings nervous was all too humorously. But as soon as I said it I regret it again. "I'm sorry my king I- I shouldn't have-"

"No no it's alright" Edmund interrupted me. "To be honest I was in fact a little nervous."

My mouth dropped. There was silence for some time as I was trying to figure out if whether or not I'm dreaming, though it all seemed so real so far. Edmund continued.

"I wanted to spend time with you to get to know you. I couldn't take my eyes off you, since I first saw you in the castle. It's all too pathetic how long it took me to even talk to you. But, now that we spend the past few hours together and got to know each other a bit better I was wondering if maybe. I mean just if you want to. If you would like to go with me on a Picknick? " Edmund said with a bit of studdering and his hands shaking.

" Yes" I smiled at the King. "I'd love to"

Edmund exhaled reliefed and looked at me.

"Great! Tomorrow noon? I pick you up at your room?" he asked and I nodded.

"Until then my lady" he kissed my cheek before he left and went to his brother who had watched us and waited for him for who knows how long by now. Though I didn't know what they were saying I could see the older King, Peeta, cheering at his brother who was smiling relieved and once even looked back at me waving before both of them disappeared in the castle.