132. (Crimson Peak) Thomas Sharpe - Corsets and Courtships *

https://creme-bruhlee.tumblr.com/

summary | your father's business partner comes to your home in hopes of discussing the future, and you both get more than you bargained for.
pairing | sir thomas sharpe (crimson peak, 2015) x fem!reader (y/n)
word count | 3.1k
warnings | SMUT (MDNI), fingering, no stated use of contraception, not a lot here tbh

-----

"Oh! Sir Thomas!"

When you answered the door, you hadn't expected to see the baronet. He stood there in his noble glory, his dark jacket's shoulders damp, his black curls undone with rainwater. "My lady," he greeted you in his charming British timbre, his light eyes gazing expectantly past you into the house. "What a lovely sight you are. Is your father home?"

"No," you replied, tugging your house dress a bit tighter around your body. "He went to dinner a few hours ago. Is the matter urgent? Might I phone him?" You started to step back into the house, but Thomas's quick exclamation stopped you.

"No, no," Thomas said quickly. "I actually intended to speak to you privately. May I?" He looked past you into the house, and you suddenly became hyper-aware of the cold rain that the baronet was drenched in.

"Oh, goodness, yes," you said quickly, stepping aside to let him in from the rain. Lately, London had known nothing but the cold and the rain and, being from America, you weren't used to it in the slightest. You suspected that Thomas was used to it, but, still, being accustomed to something did not make it any less of a bother. "Sir Thomas, did you walk all the way here?"

"I did," Thomas replied. You helped him out of the soaked overcoat and hurried to set it in front of the fire, and your hands shook as you did so. Why was Sir Thomas Sharpe darkening your doorstep at this time of day? The sun had already gone down, and you were preparing for bed. Thomas had to know how inappropriate it was. "But no worries. I was perfectly alright."

"Oh, good," you said quickly. You knew that your current state, just your chemise and corset and velvet dressing gown, were unsightly for you to be seen in, especially by one of your father's business associates, and you nervously clasped your hands behind your back; you hoped that Sir Thomas either didn't notice your current state of undress, or that he didn't mind.

"To begin, I suppose," Thomas began, carefully sitting on the settee sofa in front of the fire. He wore a beautiful dark suit underneath his teal overcoat, a perfect compliment to his pitch-colored hair and thin visage. His eyes, though, were the showstoppers– a lovely and icy blue. Thomas was so wonderful and such a great friend to you, despite only meeting you because of his work with your father, but it wasn't usual for him to turn up unannounced; only unusual because of this time of day. "I... I must congratulate you on your engagement."

"Oh, yes," you laughed softly, but your face burned. "My dear Mr. Burke. Yes, it was only a matter of time, I guess. Especially when it was so urged by Father."

"May I ask how you met?" Thomas asked curiously. Thomas had always been a curious man, and perhaps it was presently for the worst, but you admired it. Truthfully, a small piece of your heart wishes that you were announcing your engagement to Sir Thomas Sharpe instead, but your heart could heal; it would have to. You had no choice but to accept it, and to mourn what could have been.

You tilted your head as you tried to conjure up the memory of you and your fiancé's first meeting. "Well, we officially met when I was young," you started slowly. "I was around ten, perhaps. Burke had just begun to work for Father, and I met him under those pretenses. But it was once I became of age that he began to properly court me, and..." You shrugged and let your hands clap at your thighs, and the sound was dampened by your dressing gown. "Here we are, I suppose."