28. (Actor) Tom Hiddleston - In The Library

https://lumosouls.tumblr.com/

Pairing: Tom Hiddleston x reader

Warnings: A few curse words, shakiness of hands (?), stuck in a library

Summary: A dull January evening turned into something much more, as you met your future lover.

Word count: 1.2k

-----

Yet another dull January evening. The cold wind burnt your skin as your steps quickened. It was around 6 in the evening, the sun had long been gone and the sky was covered in a white layer, hinting the upcoming snowy night. The crowds were slowly dying as people rushed home, protecting themselves from the terrible cold.

You cursed under your breath as you had forgotten your gloves at home, and your hands, which were carrying the books back to the library, had turned red and limp. Your rushing form made a sudden stop, exhaling, the air turning into a white puff. Your shaky, numb hands reached for the old handle of the library, pushing it, almost throwing yourself inside, you sighed in content, the scent of old books and the warmness of the heater right above the door hitting your body.

"Good evening, Mrs. Watson" you beamed at the old librarian who was busy with her soap operas, 'As usual' you thought with a giggle.

"Ah, Y/N, good evening, sweetheart. Back for more?" She indicated the books on the "New addition" shelf, to which you nodded.

"Though, I'll be surfing the classics this time, I have to write a report on Shakespeare for my literature course" you added as your feet dragged you to the deeper ends of the huge library, which you grew to adore.

Your fingers got into contact with almost every book on the shelves to your way to the second floor. 'The library is oddly quiet tonight' you thought, while searching for the desired book. All of a sudden, you hand got covered by another making you look up to meet a pair of blue eyes. A small gasp left your lips at the small proximity between you and the stranger, making you retreat your hand.

"Hamlet?" The stranger's voice drummed making your cheeks softly cover themselves with a shade of red. You nodded at the statement, a laugh escaping your lips.

"Yes, Sir, Hamlet" you nodded as you reached for the one book that you needed, a frown soon replaced your smile, while you glared at the man, who took the book right before you could.

"Hey! That was mine!" You exclaimed, with an eye roll, sticking your hand out, so he could return the book.

"Oh? I don't see a name here, unless you're Shakespeare himself" he laughed at your glare.

"Clever way of getting my name, Sir, but I desperately need that book" you whined, as your lips formed a pout.

His eyebrow raised, a hum leaving his lips "Let me guess, for your literature report?" He beamed making your eyes widen. "Don't worry, I'm not a stalker, I just heard your conversation with Mrs. Watson."

Your lips formed into a small sly smile, as you quickly reached for the book, though he held it right behind his back, making you stumble right into his firm chest, a groan leaving your lips.

"Ah-aah" he shook his head "Name first" he laughed.

"Y/N" you replied with a scoff at the antiques of his. You hesitated before asking him for his name "And yours, Mr. Tease?"

"Thomas, though call me Tom, lovely" he said casually as he held the book tighter to his body. "Would you like some tea? I was supposed to have one of my friends here, yet, they couldn't make I, hence I have two cups of tea. Plus you look like Rudolph the Reindeer, your nose is beet-red" he giggled.

"Oh how nice of you" you snarled at his comment, "Though, I have a few cookies and some chocolate with me" you said reaching into your tote bag, showing him the goods.

He guided you to the two armchairs next to the window, you arranged the tea along with the sweets on the windowsill and set comfortably with him facing you.

"I can help you with the report, you know?" He said reaching for The book that was next to his coat. "I must admit, I am rather fond of Shakespeare" Tom continued.

You nodded "In general, all the books, the old scent, the pages, it is perfect" your words made his eyes twinkle in excitement as he found a young woman with an old soul, sharing the same interests as him.

Time went by, it was now around midnight when you didn't even hear Mrs. Watson shouting about the closing of the library, yet soon, the lights turned off and so did the heaters, making the both of you realise that you were locked in the library.

"Shit, my phone has no charge, but I remember it had about 12% left" you cursed at the black screen as you paced around, the same white puff of air leaving your lips, indicating the growing coldness, though you had your coat on.

"Must be because of the awfully low temperature" he sighed as he reached for your forearm, pulling you into him. "There we go, love" he muttered as his hand went to his neck, unwrapping his thick wool scarf, and wrapped it around you making you look at him, your heartbeat increasing, now you were sure he heard it.

"No no, Tom, you'll get cold" You shook your head as you reached for his scarf that rested comfortably around you, leaving his scent onto your skin, when his warm hands came atop your relatively cold ones.

"Leave it on, I don't want you to catch a cold, love." He answered, taking your hands in his and then looking down to your eyes. "Is this okay?" He pointed at your held hands making you smile cheekily, though it was dark, the street lamps lit the room just enough.

"It's.." You stopped "It's perfect" you quickly said, tightening your grip onto his hands, as your face sunk into his scarf.

"You're endearing, young lady" he laughed whole-heartedly, making you even more flustered.

Your little moment came to a stop when you heard the heavy doors of the library being unlocked. Both of you packed quickly, running downstairs almost immediately. It was Mrs. Watson.

"Oh dear Lord!" She shouted, her hand going to her chest "You scared me! Where you here this whole time?" She asked with a frown as she saw you both standing at the bottom of the staircase, foolishly nodding. "Good thing I came back for my hat, you idiots" she muttered as you and Tom apologised for not hearing her earlier.

You and Tom were now walking hand in hand to your apartment. It was now snowing heavily, though neither of you minded, since both of your hearts were warm.

Though you hesitated, you turned to him when you stopped at your flat. "Can we meet up later tomorrow?." You both said in unison.

"I'd love to, honestly" you answered with a low giggle. "As would I, you're quite an eye candy, and a pleasant little soul, love" he answered.

Oh those nicknames..

"Right, by the way, here is 'Hamlet'" he reached into the paper bag he had been carrying the whole time, and took it out, handing it to you.

"Wait, did you take this from the library?!" You half-shouted in shock, reaching for the book.

He shook his head "Not at all, it's mine, perfectly annotated, but also new enough for you to use it" he smiled, as he came a tad closer.

"Then why did you need the one from the library?" You turned to him towering over you now, while you put the book into your bag.

"Sweetheart, then how was I supposed to talk to you?"