186. (MCU) Druig - For Eternity II

https://writerzunite.tumblr.com/

Summary: when the Eternals separate, Druig sees his fantasy come true.

Pairing: Druig X Eternal F!Reader

Warning: implied sexy times but nothing explicit.

Druig has dreams, and they are painful glimpses into...something.

He can't put his finger on it. The past? Future? The dreams seem like memories but he can't recall them ever occurring. Perhaps they are visions of what's to come. Either way, he wakes up with a start, his dreams always concluding with eruptions, screams, and explosions that make him shake with adrenaline and fear.

He sees the same explosions and fire below him where the humans wage war. Where they invade. Where they kill. His heart is shattering, and you can feel it just by looking at him. Everyone is tense, secluded at the top of a pyramid, watching, and waiting. Waiting for the night to turn into day, waiting for Thena to wake up...waiting for the humans to stop killing each other.

You remember how quickly the days pass, how decades are like minutes. But tonight feels like a century. The sky remains dark, with flame and smoke staining the sky like a poison.

Druig watches you hold Thena's hand as you wait for her to wake. He can feel your sadness and confusion, and especially your pain. You both loved humans and watching them tear each other apart in war makes you both physically sick.

When Thena wakes, the Eternals are done. The last Deviant was killed, and with no purpose left, you were all able to leave and lead your own lives. And this day was supposed to be a celebratory day...and yet, you all stand silent. The centuries with each other have moved too fast to catch and to remember clearly.

But how Druig longed for that; to disappear from the others with you and to be hidden from the world. For once, he wants to be selfish and have you for only himself, and you not being used for the mission. He always wanted this, craved for it, to have a life of his own.

But seeing the humans slaughter each other below and him not doing a damn thing is tearing him apart with guilt. He has glorious powers and he could use them for good, for a bigger purpose than killing Deviants.

He raises his hand without thinking, and the commotion below everyone falters as humans drop their weapons and stand still, their eyes white and cloudy. You stride towards him, your hands grabbing his outstretched hand, and bringing it to your lips.

"Druig, you can't," you whisper against his fingers. "We can't interfere."

He stares at the humans below, knowing with a wave of his hand, he could end this. He could-

Ikaris barges through, interrupting his thoughts, and slams Druig against the stone of the pyramid. His hand is torn from yours as he struggles against Ikaris, his breath leaving his lungs.

"Don't touch him!" You cry out, regaining your balance. "Don't you dare touch him."

"Y/N, stay out of this," Ikaris doesn't even look at you, he only glares at Druig.

"Let them go." His voice is deep and frightening, but of course, Druig doesn't stand down.

"You're gonna have to make me." He stares right back at Ikaris, unblinking.

"Druig, please," you appear from over Ikaris' shoulder. "We can't interfere. And Ikaris, let him go before I make you."

Ikaris does eventually let Druig go from his iron grip, and you shove him out of the way to get to Druig. You embrace him, your face in his chest, surrounded by his warmth. He hugs you back, his hand behind your head.

"Please let them go," you're shaking from adrenaline and being overwhelmed. "Please. Let's just go, you and me...remember what we talked about?"

How could he forget? How could he forget how you wished you could live next to the beach, the salty air embracing you, the waves enveloping you both. How you wished for him to stay by your side forever, in a small cottage by the sea, where you could spend the rest of your days before you all left for Olympia.

He lets the humans go without another thought. And you knew, in that moment, he'd do anything for you.

"Let's just go," he repeats after you, his calloused hands holding your cheeks. His eyes are soft, as always when looking at you, and he gives you a small smile.

"Yes, let's go, just you and me."

He places his forehead against yours, his smile growing bigger.

"I'm yours forever, my love. Let's go."

So you do. You depart from South America and just go. The rest of the Eternals were happy and overjoyed that you both could find a life of your own together. And so we're you. You were excited, because for once, Druig is only yours.

Centuries pass, and you and Druig spend lifetimes together in a small cottage by the sea. It's made out of wood, built by you with a wave of your hand. No humans ventured this far to find you or Druig here, and you preferred it that way. You both spend your days by the ocean, letting the water go up to your knees. You both fish, you both find shells, you use your powers to move the water to collect them.

Life becomes a treasure together, a gift, because for once, the mission doesn't exist. You could do whatever you wanted with the love of your life, so you do.

You both explore each other. There were centuries where you couldn't even touch each other because of the mission. Now it's different. He can touch you now, wherever, whenever, and however. You the same to him. For once, you both are unashamed to physically show each other how much you love one another. You spend hours just exploring his face, his eyes...just looking closely and commenting how beautiful he is. Eventually, this leads to exploring his mouth with your own. Then his neck, his collarbone, his bare shoulder, all of it. His bare skin is yours, he says so himself. All of him belongs to you, and only you. You regain the centuries back that were stolen from you both.

You both fall asleep in each other's arms to the sound of waves, and wake up to the sun.

The sun hits Druig's eyes first, and he blinks them open to see you still sleeping soundly on his chest, skin to skin. Your breaths are heavy, yet not as loud as the waves outside. He knows you probably want to be woken up, but he can't. You're so peaceful there, so delicate, his beautiful, beautiful Y/N.

"Why haven't you woke me up yet, my Druig?

Your eyes are still closed, but you could sense him watching you. His beautiful eyes that watch you all the time, unable to look at anything else. Nothing else is as beautiful as you, his beautiful Y/N.

"I just couldn't. You looked so at peace."

He trades your cheekbone with his fingers, and you smile at his touch.

"Do I, now?"

"Yes. Do I?"

You're eyes are fully open now, staring into his own.

"Yes, and it's what you deserve." His smile becomes bigger at your words, and he bends down to kiss your forehead. You sigh in content, snuggling into the crook of his neck, kissing his pulse there.

"It's what we deserve, my beautiful, beautiful girl."