137. (Actor) Sebastian Stan - Distance

https://creme-bruhlee.tumblr.com/

pairing: sebastian stan x fem!reader (y/n)
word count: 1.9k
summary: see above!
warnings: explicit language, mentions of tom hiddleston x reader, angst, pining

-----

Jealousy was new to you. Sure, you turned green every so often, but it wasn't a usual occurrence. It happened infrequently enough that you forgot the way it felt every time it bubbled up again. Recently, though, you were familiar with jealousy.

You weren't quite sure when it started. Maybe when you first met Sebastian. It was at the premiere for Avengers. You had been in it, playing Tony Stark's daughter Lucy, who was kidnapped by the crazed Loki. In filming your scenes with Tom Hiddleston, you had grown to appreciate him, and the premiere was a sort-of announcement that you were dating. By that point, you already knew that you would be in the next Captain America movie, and you were thrilled to work with Chris and Scarlet again. On top of that, you were excited to meet Anthony Mackie.

You didn't know that Sebastian would be in Winter Soldier until he approached you at the premiere. He looked handsome, suit and rings and slicked hair, and he congratulated you on an amazing performance. "Oh, I loved you in First Avenger," you told him with a smile. "Bucky was my favorite by far. I cried when he died."

Tom wrapped his arm around your waist and nodded in agreement. "She was truly a mess," he said. "We had to pause the movie." He shook Sebastian's hand, and the force of it wasn't lost on you.

"I got emotional during your scene together in the Tower," Sebastian said. "Lucy begging for her dad, and Loki's unrelenting cruelty. I just... Wow. It blew me away!"

"Thanks," you said. "Are you gonna visit the Winter Soldier set?"

Sebastian laughed and bit his bottom lip. Full and pink. He was so totally handsome, and you felt lightheaded even being in his presence. "Well," he started. "I'm actually in it."

You gasped. "What? How? Bucky died!"

"He was rescued," Sebastian said slowly. "By HYDRA. And he comes back."

"Oh, my God," you laughed. "Oh, you just made my entire night. Wow! I-I can't wait!"

Sebastian nodded, and he looked to his side. A few meters away, a woman was talking to the press, and she quickly came and kissed Sebastian on the cheek. You recognized her as one of his co-stars from Once Upon A Time, and you felt that unfamiliar jealousy bubble in your stomach. Why were you jealous? You were on the arm of one of the most talented and successful actors, and, besides that, you loved your boyfriend.

So why did you want more?

Filming for Winter Soldier started, and you quickly found out your character's storyline. She was working with Steve and Fury to help in reparations of the New York fiasco from Avengers, and she was the first one to encounter the Winter Soldier. She wouldn't recognize him and would tell Steve about her encounter with a super-soldier, and Natasha would tell the story of the Winter Soldier, how he was a myth and a ghost. The directors, the talented Russo brothers, had told you that an arc would extend past the movie and into the sequels where Lucy helps break Bucky Barnes from his brainwashing and they would eventually fall in love. But, they assured you, that was several films off. They didn't even plan for Lucy and Bucky to kiss until the next Captain America movie.

You and Sebastian became quick friends. Despite the metal-like prosthetic and long hair and heavy makeup that he wore on set, you found comfort in him. You couldn't explain it, but you felt at ease with him. Between takes, you could be found laughing and jokingly sparing with him.