185. (MCU) Druig - Beautiful, Beautiful I

https://writerzunite.tumblr.com/

You were the Sun, and he was the Moon. He was fire, and you were ice. You were Persephone and he was Hades. Destined to be, eternally.

He vowed to never leave you. You were his whole heart, his reason for existing, and he loved you for 6,500 years.

And he never broke his promise.

Druig x Eternal F!Reader

Summary: how you and Druig fell in love.

-----

It took Druig approximately 300 years to finally realize that you were more than just an ally. And then it took about 200 years for him to realize you were more than just a friend. He loved you. He couldn't describe how he felt, it was so intricate yet delicate, as if with one touch he'd ruin it. It was similar to a breath of fresh air after swimming in the river. The colors of sunsets. Gentle, yet powerful all the same.

He dreamt of you in Mesopotamia, when he fell asleep to the Milky Way. The early days where the purpose was fighting Deviants and emotions couldn't get in the way of the mission. But in the night, Druig couldn't help but let his mind wander to the possibilities, especially when they could go home to Olympia.

Decades turned into centuries. Humans died but more were born. The Eternals moved to Babylon. Trees grew taller, streams became rivers, but Druig's love for you remained unchanged. He felt cursed but in the best way. The mission didn't matter anymore to him, only you.

The nights become unbearable. He drifts off and wakes up alone, thinking of your mouth, your skin, your bright eyes, everything. All of it. He's intoxicated but he doesn't give a damn. He wanted you to himself, just you and him. Only you, forever.

He watched Sersi and Ikaris have what he didn't. But instead of feeling discouraged, he only felt a spark. But Ajak made sure that spark became a forest fire.

"You love her. We do not know how much time we have here. Tell her how you feel." Ajak could only smile at how truly lovesick the once brooding Druig had become. She had a keen eye and saw how he looked at you. His gaze would linger, his facial features softening, his frown becoming a relaxed smile.

She also noticed the small glances you made at Druig as well. You fidgeted with your fingers when flustered, which is what you did constantly around Druig. You protected him the most with your telekinesis powers during battles against the Deviants. Lingering touches.

The love between you and Druig was a beautiful love forged from longing during the centuries.

You thought of him at night when you couldn't sleep. The way he would look at you, so soft and gentle. He hated everyone but you, only you. His eyes on you constantly. You clutched your chest where your heart slammed against your rib cage.

It all came crashing together when Druig got knocked aside violently by a Deviant's serpent-like tail. You could hear Druig's sudden gasp of surprise as the tail crushed his ribs and sent him flying across the sand. You let out a cry of fright and sorrow, and without thinking, you run to his collapsed body.

"Druig! Druig!" You outstretch your hands and his body moves on his own towards you, and you fall to your knees to catch him in your arms. You cradle his head in your arms, ignoring the resuming battle around you.

Ajak appears before you call out for her, kneeling down next to you. She opens her mouth to tell you to rejoin the battle, she can heal Druig, and that everything would be alright.

"No, Ajak, I cannot leave him," you brush his raven hair from his blood-soaked forehead.

She said nothing, only healing him with a wave of her hand. The blood disappears from Druig's forehead and his eyes snap open like a wild animals.

"Druig," you whisper, crushing him in a hug and falling on top of him. "Druig, you're all right. Oh, I was so worried..."

Druig almost passed out again from what was happening. He shakily lifted his hand and cradled the back of your head, letting himself close his eyes in relief.

"You're all right," he murmured. "Good."

"No, you're all right! I thought...," you leaned back and he saw your eyes filled with unshed tears. "Don't leave me like that again." You close your eyes and the tears began to fall from your lashes.

Ajak only watched in bewilderment when Druig softly wiped them away from your cheeks. "Beautiful, beautiful Y/N, I could never."

It was new love, precious and gentle like a summer breeze. Druig spent every waking moment with you while you worked on building structures, buildings, and homes for humans across Babylon with a wave of your hands. You both would explore hidden natural treasures Babylon had to offer. Sneaking small, delicate kisses. Hands intertwined. Then he would walk you to your bedchamber, leaving you with the feeling of his lips on your own.

"My beautiful, beautiful girl...," he'd murmur into your hair, lips ghosting the shell of your ear, making you shiver. Hands on your hips, waist, everywhere. "You have stolen my heart." Lips on your neck, collarbone, throat. You would think he'd put those thoughts in your head on purpose, but no. You were falling in true love with him, and so was he.

He'd make his true feelings known in the dark of night, whispering his love for you in your ear, just like how you had imagined it during previous nights alone. He'd have you against a wall in your bedchamber, breath hot and heavy from the jog from the roof to here. It was innocent, but when he saw you in that dress and a flower in your hair, he had to tell you his true feelings.

"I love you, Y/N, my beautiful girl."

A kiss on the shell of your ear.

"You are a dream...you've stolen my whole heart."

A small bite to your earlobe.

"Druig-" your whisper was cut off by a chaste kiss, his large hands cupping your face, tilting your head up to meet his lips.

"My Y/N, I love you."

"Druig...I love you."

"Don't leave me," he's dragging his lips slowly down your neck, and you bite your lip.

"Never," you hold the back of his neck, nails slightly scratching him, and he pulls back so his eyes could meet your own.

"And I'll never leave you, my darling. Nothing in the universe could tear us apart."