21. (MCU) Peter Parker - Secrets That I Keep (II)

https://enviedear.tumblr.com/

DESCRIPTION ⌙ it's almost peter's birthday and you're searching for the perfect gift.. and the perfect way to exact you new mission. but peter's curiosity and your habit of loosing things might make this mission a fail.

PAIRING ⌙ peter parker x fem!reader

WORD COUNT ⌙ 1.6k

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"he's impossible mj!" you groan, placing the toy lightsaber back on its shelf. "i mean good god, i went so far as to call him.. babe, last night. and he still hasn't picked up that i like him."

she shrugs, looking around the lego store, "i don't know dude. it's peter, you're going to have to be a little more straightforward."

"i can't." you huff.

"then stop complaining. if you won't do anything about it then it's your own issue. and please, make it an internal one. i don't want to hear about your thirst for my ex." she smirks.

you roll your eyes. of course, she was right. subtlety was not going to land you the boy. you really didn't know how to land peter. no amount of shy flirting was going to show him you liked him. so here you are, in one of the busiest shopping areas in midtown searching to find him the perfect gift for his birthday.

your idea was that if you gave him something both special and romantic, he'd have to see you were enamoured by him. hopefully.

but if he still couldn't figure it out then you've already prepared a sappy love letter for him. you were just really wishing it wouldn't have to come to the letter. no amount of breathing exercises would be able to calm your nerves if it came to that.

just the thought of him reading all of those three am romantic thoughts you possessed.. unnerved you.

you found it much more enjoyable for the thing to stay in your back pocket. away from the world.

"well y/n, shopping's been cut short. ned just texted me saying that he and peter are ready for movie night."

you sigh, "text ned that we need at least another hour. i don't want to leave until i find the perfect gift. i dunno make something convincing up like... we got caught in traffic?"

mj gives you a deadpan look, "y/n we walked here."

"okay and then we took an uber home.. easy fix." you say, craning to look at items on the top of the shelf.

"okay well you can stay here and search while i take my happy ass to peter's. i'm not eating cold takeout." she smiles sarcastically.

you bow your head, "i'll stop for the day. but only because i don't want to walk there alone. our search begins again tomorrow."

she nods, happy to be the victor of your little disagreement.

the walk to peter's apartment is nice. you and mj talk about the adventures you both want to take for the remainder of summer break. the air is warm and the sun shines brightly as though it's making up for its absence in winter. you're feeling really peaceful and at ease.

that is, until you walk into peter's apartment.

"hey mj! hey y/n!." the boy smiles as he opens the door.

he's completely shirtless, sweatpants hanging low on his hips, and hair wet. you almost forget to greet him as you stare at him.

"put on a damn shirt parker." mj grumbles, pushing past him and into the living room. leaving the two of you alone.