152. (MCU) Steven Grant - Chamber of Reflection

https://cosmicloki.tumblr.com/

summary: steven looks really tired and exhausted, so you decide to confront marc for not taking care of his body properly and this pushes him to do something that the three of you have been wanting to do for quite some time now.

pairing: steven grant x female!reader / marc spector x female!reader

word count: 3k

warnings: just a little bit of angst, fluff, marc (yes, he himself is kinda of a warning), some friends to lovers, soft!steven, cuteness, cute kisses, just a lot of softness on this one for the romantic fools like me<3

-----

You knew Steven had been having bad days and nights for practically the last few weeks, you could see it in his face, in his tired eyes, his lost look, his noticeable dark circles under his eyes and in the amount of coffees he drank during his shifts at work, which were quite a few.

Certainly, you were aware of the whole Marc thing and how he was literally taking over Steven's body and life, although you still didn't understand how it all worked, you could already tell the difference between the two of them, you could recognize who was who just by the body language, since they were indeed two, very different persons.

A clenched jaw, a tense stance and a look that exuded a murderous air?Totally Marc. Soft eyes, stance perfectly mixed between relaxed and nervous, low stutters and gentle smiles? That was Steven, of course.

Both were so remotely different that you thought it was almost a bad joke that they shared the same physical body.

You knew Steven basically since you had taken the job as a guide at the museum, since you were a specialist in Egyptian culture, especially in the whole subject of the gods, and that, indeed, was what brought you and Steven together the first time you two had meet. It was as if you had known each other all your lives, you quickly went from simple co-workers to the best of friends. You two had a very special connection, you knew that in that huge city you were all you had, both of you were physically far away from your families, so you were lonely together.

Although, on the other hand, your relationship with Marc was quite different, as he was known to be rather dry and cold, although, as time went by, even he could not fight the feeling of getting fond of you and getting used to your presence, always close to him.

He already knew as a fact that you really cared about Steven and looked out for his welfare at all costs, you both did, each in your own way, of course. And Marc was also aware of the obvious feelings Steven had been feeling for you over time, he felt them through him as well, so close to him, too close, in fact.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay, Stevie?" You questioned under an unsure but ever-so-smooth tone, eyeing how the man practically fell asleep against the wall of the hallaway, your apartments were actually face to face with each other. A pair of dark, unruly curls fell over his face, covering his pretty eyes, so you took one of your hands and removed them in a delicate motion, causing Steven to immediately stand up abruptly, looking flustered by your closeness and concern.

You smiled warmly as you noticed how his cheeks were tinged with a pink as he blushed. He was so cute that sometimes you felt like your heart would actually explode.

"You look like a little kid blushing so much, just look at you." Marc declared, arms folded and a mocking expression shining across his face. Steven saw him out of the corner of his eye in a small, dirty, circular mirror hanging on the front wall in the hallway, but decided to ignore it completely, focusing only on your pretty eyes.