45. (MCU) Druig - Take The Leap

https://redheadspark.tumblr.com/

Summary: The Female Eternal always loved Druig, but never once acted on it because of her fear of the love being one sided. So she kept it a secret for nearly 7,000 years. Yet when the Eternals have a moment of peace on Ajak's farm, Druig seeks out the female Eternal to tell her his own secrets too.

Warnings: Some Angst, some fluff, and some steaminess (No real SMUT, I promise, but just a hint!)

WC: 7,108 words

------

"Hey. You still with us?"

You snapped back from where your mind was going as you noticed that the others were watching you. You were standing at the kitchen sink, hands in the soapy water as you were watching the night sky out on the plains of South Dakota. It was eerily quiet, and you were finishing the dishes from the dinner you all shared. Perhaps you thought it was going to keep you busy and occupied, trying not to think of the past several days that just occurred.

Two of your own dying and leaving your life forever, the near Emergence that almost cost the lives of billions of humans, another two of your family members turning their backs on your for the sake of fulfilling the duties of the Celestial that created you all, and a third bowing out of the fight to not hurt any of you in the process. Lastly, almost seeing someone you have loved for nearly 7,000 years dying in front of your eyes.

The near-death of Druig is what got to you.

You could see it in your head, replaying like a record over and over and over again. The moment you thought your entire stomach dropped and your heart was ripped out of you. You could see his body in the sky, soaring through from the force that Ikaris used against him. All that you knew about Druig, all that you cared bout, was seen flying away with Druig as he crashed into the ground and was almost buried alive. Someone inside of you died when you thought he did.

It was a feeling you thought you forgot a long time ago.

There was a time, way back in the beginning, when you fell in love with Druig. Sure, it happened without you realizing it or thinking twice. It snuck up on you, almost like a secret. Druig was his own different breed of Eternal, sharp in his wit but calm in his tone of voice. His love for the humans and pacifist way of philosophy intrigued you, almost made you realize how you too wanted to help and protect the humans. The others loved the humans as well, but Druig's love was deeper and more grounded in the notion of peace and tranquility. Of course, it didn't help that his eyes were so beautiful for you to see and his handsome face always made your breath feel lost.

You two were cordial to each other, he was nothing but kind to you. You loved hearing his laugh when Kingo made a joke, it made you laugh too since you thought it was infectious. His gentle hands and gestures amongst the humans made you think of a gentle roll of the waves on the ocean, slow to move but delicate to the touch. But you mostly loved hearing him talk and be close to you, sitting side by side in the tall grass on a crisp evening and divulging in the new philosophies that the humans were developing in front of your eyes. It fascinated him as he spoke to you about all of it was that on his mind, it felt like a privilege really since he rarely opened up in general. The only other person he would talk to was Makkari, but even then your talks together felt sacred and intimate.

That love you had for him, you thought you lost it a long time ago.

You saw Thena, Phastos, and Makkari watch you from your spot at the sink, seeing how you had such a blank look on your face. The TV was on in the living room, making you look briefly to see Ben and Jack were watching TV on the couch together. Lastly, you saw Druig at the entryway, leaning against the frame with his arms crossed in front of him and watching you with such an intense yet loving look. You took in a long breath before you nodded almost in a stammer.