177. (MCU) Moon Knight - WHO YOU NEED *

------------------------------

pairing: Steven Grant x reader. Marc Spector x reader. (all are in relationship, but fic is focused on Steven)

warnings: SMUT 18+, spoilers sort of, fem receiving oral, fingering, p in v, cream pie

word count: 2,000

summary: When you and Marc get in a fight, Steven is the one you need.

-----

You lay on your bed, the other side empty. You were crying softly. You and Marc had gotten into a fight. You had banished him to sleep on the couch that night. It had been one of your worst fights. You'd found out about Khonshu's plan to make you his next avatar. More importantly you'd found out that Marc knew. You were furious. You didn't know when the lies were going to end or when all the secrets would be revealed. You loved Marc, but loving him was hard work and it had been harder than usual lately. You pulled the blankets further up over your body, thinking about your fight.

"When are you going to stop lying to me?" You cried to Marc.

"I don't lie to you," Marc snapped back.

"You don't tell me the truth," you countered.

"You just don't understand!" Marc shouted.

"Then explain it to me! Please, Marc!" You shouted back. Marc looked down at his feet and said nothing. Your posture deflated, completely disappointed. "Sometimes I feel like you don't love me anymore," you said quietly. Marc's silence continued. You looked up at him, waiting, desperate for him to protest your statement, to tell you that you were wrong, of course he loved you, he was sorry he made you feel that way. His eyes met yours and looked back down.

"You deserve better," Marc said quietly. You couldn't believe it. He really wouldn't say it. Marc didn't love you anymore. You took a shaky breath, holding back a sob.

"Sleep on the couch," you said shortly, and stalked out of the room. Marc looked down at his feet. He felt guilty both about hurting you and for what he was doing to Steven. He scratched the back of his head and went to lay down, hoping Steven would wake up to take care of you. He knew that Steven was who you needed. He wished horribly that he could be the one you needed, but the best he could do was give you Steven.

Steven woke up at 2:00 AM, disoriented. He wasn't sure where he was, which was normal, but everything felt familiar, he wasn't on the bus or in a new city. He sat up and realized he was on the couch. He sighed, knowing Marc must have gotten into a fight with you. He stood up and walked over to your bedroom. You were curled up on your side of the bed, facing away from the door. Steven could hear you sniffling. His heart broke. He hated it when Marc got into fights with you, always feeling partially responsible, though you always insisted to him he wasn't. Steven knocked softly on the doorframe. You turned over and saw him standing there.

"Is it alright if I come in, love?" Steven asked. Relief washed over you when you heard his sweet accent. One of the worst things about getting into a fight with Marc was that you couldn't talk to Steven. You nodded and held your arms out to Steven. He gave you a soft smile, climbing under the blankets and pulling you into his arms. He tangled his legs with yours, sliding one arm beneath your neck and draping the other over your waist, tracing delicate circles on your back. Steven took a moment to let you settle into his arms and quietly enjoy one another's presence before he spoke.

"What did he say this time?" Steven asked. You sniffled, unable to speak. Steven's heart sank. "We don't have to talk–," Steven started, but you interrupted.

"He doesn't love me anymore," you said, a sob escaping your throat after the words did. Steven felt fury rush through his body for a moment.

"He said that to you?" Steven asked, the anger in his tone clear. You sniffled.