37. (TWD) Rick Grimes *

https://maggierheeishot.tumblr.com

After arriving at the CDC, you find out that Rick doesn't actually hate you as much as you thought.

TW: Swearing, drinking, cheating, smut.

----

It was in the early hours of the morning when you left the comfort of your bed to go and grab a glass of water from the kitchen. You tiptoed to the kitchen in the darkness wearing your underwear and an oversized tee shirt you had found. You were still slightly tipsy, your tolerance for alcohol had become a lot lower since your lack of access to it.

The kitchen was dark, except for a small lamp turned on in the corner. In the darkness, you saw a silhouette of someone sitting in one of the armchairs. The figure resembled Rick, so you ignored him and turned on the tap, filling a glass with the cold water.

"That you y/n?" came Rick's voice from the armchair. You rolled your eyes.

"Don't worry, I'm now leaving," you grumbled. You and Rick had never gotten along before- you thought he was an arrogant dick and he thought you were a malicious bitch.

"Actually, can I speak to you?" you raised your eyebrows at his question. Despite Rick's hatred for you, he often asked you on what you thought would be best.

"Sure," you replied groggily, rubbing your eyes and walking across the dark room to sit in the armchair next to him. "What is it this time?"

"I know we don't exactly get along, but I can trust you to be honest with me, right?" his tone was serious. You nodded and he continued. "Lori and Shane.......did anything happen between them?"

You stayed silent for a minute. You had been at the camp since Lori and Shane had been there, and you thought that they were actually married until Rick showed up.

"Yes," you answered quietly. He shook his head and his grip around his beer bottle tightened. "I'm sorry Rick, truly I am," you said, consoling him.

"I knew as soon as I saw them together- the look on his face was...."

"Like he wanted you dead?" you offered. Rick laughed at your response. You lips turned upwards into a smile. "Can I ask you a question now?" he nodded. "Why- and don't just say it's because I'm a bitch- why do you hate me?"

"I don't hate you," you sat there in shock for a few seconds, processing what he had just said.

"You don't?"

"Honestly, I think I just couldn't handle your brutal honesty and the way you could outsmart me,"

"Ah, the age old toxic masculinity excuse," you said laughing. Rick joined in, chuckling.

"I actually really like you. Like a lot. You're incredibly smart, funny, kind. And pretty," you blushed as he complimented you, and you were thankful for the darkness concealing your reddening cheeks.

"You're not too bad yourself," you returned.

"Its true you know, I think you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen," he put his beer bottle down and turned to face you. You bowed your head as one of his hands fell to underneath your chin, pushing your head back up to look at him. Even in the darkness you could see his striking eyes. You had never really noticed those before.

Your faces were inches apart and as he continued to stare into your eyes, you felt butterflies in the pit of your stomach. You didn't want to break the contact, you wanted to stay in this weird, unexpected moment forever.

"I'd really like to kiss you, if you don't mind," his words weren't slurred at all- he wasn't that drunk. Your mouth contorted into a small smile.

"I'd like that," you responded. Taking that as his cue, he gently pressed his soft lips to yours. He tasted like beer. You awkwardly leant sideways over the arms of the chairs into the kiss, wanting to feel more of him. His hands fell to your hips, and his muscular arms led you over the arms of the chair and onto his lap. You could feel his erection through his denim jeans, and you teasingly ground down on it, eliciting a quiet whimper from him. Your hands trailed down his clothed chest and to the hem of his t-shirt, lifting it over his head. You didn't have time to fully take him in before he pulled your lips back down to his, capturing you in another mind blowing kiss. You ground down on his jeans more, both of you groaning at the contact. You reached for his belt, undoing the metal buckle in the darkness.