174. (HP) Remus Lupin - Twilight and Full Moons

https://scandalous-chaos.tumblr.com/

Summary: You accidentally find out that your friend/crush is a werewolf, but he keeps denying your claims.

-----

"C'mon, just let me know who you root for! Edward or Jacob?" Sirius asked, practically pleading.

You rolled your eyes for the fourth time in a row. "For someone who claims to hate Twilight, this conversation has certainly gone for too long."

"Of course we're not fans of it!" James popped in the conversation. "But that doesn't mean we can't have fun. Now I like Jacob because he's annoying, and Sirius picked Edward because he wanna shine like a diamond too."

"So what's it going to be?" Sirius asked excitedly. "Vampire or werewolf?"

At the last word, Remus looked up from his book, suddenly interested in what you have to say.

"I pick..." you paused to create a dramatic effect, and watched the marauders grow impatient. "Absolutely no one."

"Aw, come on!" James whined.

"I'm sorry but werewolves and vampires are cringe," you shrugged.

"Say what?" Remus frowned, looking displeased. While they have been friends with you for about 6 months now, he still haven't told you about his furry little problem.

James, Sirius and Peter respected his decision to keep it a secret to themselves, but the real reason he didn't tell you was because he thought you'd see him differently once you knew.

"I actually like Dracula," you corrected. "But the rest of vampires only appear in god-awful cheesy stories. And don't get me started on werewolves."

Sirius exchanged a quick glance with Remus, who huffed and went back to his book. James wasn't the type to let drama go so he decided to prod you more.

"Why do you think werewolves are cringe?" he asked, smiling innocently.

"Not them, just their appearance on media," you shuddered. "If I wanted to see a love triangle between wolves calling themselves alpha, omega and shit, I'd rather open Wattpad. Which I don't, because like I said — cringe."

"Technically there aren't alphas and omegas in real-life werewolves," Lupin said grumpily.

"Suddenly you're an expert on werewolves?" You asked, raising your eyebrow.

"You're right, I'm not," he finished the conversation and started reading again.

✦✧✦✧

He was usually quiet but not to the marauders nor you. He even laughs when you flirt with him, not in a "that's funny" way but more of a "okay yes I'm all blushing now, is that what you wanted, you little shit?" way.

Long story short, you may not be best friends, but he certainly liked having you around, which was why you were surprised when he was cold to you over the next few days.

He wasn't particularly ignoring you, but he had an annoyed expression on his face anytime you went near him.

You decided to confront him with the favorite weapon you had, which was flowers.

How did you get them? That's easy, you were the herbology professor's assistant, and this wasn't the first time you stole plants from their office. After acquiring the lilies, you walked into the marauders' room to see it was empty apart from Lupin.

"Hey Remus," you said pleasantly, handing the flowers out to him. He was focused on writing something and didn't even look up.

You sighed and sat down on his bed. "Did I do something wrong?"