82. (MCU) Peter Parker - I Think He's My Soulmate

https://dem-obscure-imagines.tumblr.com/

Warnings: None?

"Ummmm, Uncle Clint?" It wasn't often you called your uncle, but this was a special occasion. It was your sixteenth birthday, and because of that, your soulmate tattoo had finally appeared. It scared the crap out of you at first sight, given the fact that it looked like a large spider was crawling up your wrist.

Of course, it being your birthday didn't mean you could stay home from school, so you were standing in the courtyard just after school had ended, calling your only connection to the Avengers at the first opportunity you had.

"Yes, sweet child of my sister?"

"Do you think you could arrange for me to meet Spiderman?"

"Um, sure. Why?"

"I'm 90% sure he's my soulmate. And also, it's my birthday, so..."

"Wait, go back to the first reason."

"My soulmate tattoo showed up today and it's a spider. It's exactly the one that's on his uniform. And if all soulmate tattoos work this way..." you lowered your voice, looking around. "Then he knows about my powers too."

"Okay, okay, calm down. Can you come to the Facility today? I could introduce you. He's gotta be on his way here. He's staying for the weekend. I'll check his wrist and text you, okay?"

"Okay," you nodded. "Okay."

"I'll see you later then."

"Thanks Uncle Clint. I owe you."

"No prob, kiddo."

***

"Parker, lemme see your wrist." Clint walked over to the teen as soon as he walked into the Facility, his overnight duffle bag hanging from his shoulder.

"What? Why?" Peter tugged his sleeve down over the tattoo that had appeared a few months before on his birthday.

"Peter." Clint tilted his head. "I know you've got your soulmate tattoo. Let me see."

"Um..." Peter paused, taking a breath before pulling the sleeve of his hoodie back up his arm. There were four symbols arranged in a diamond etched into his wrist. It was a flame, a leaf, a gust of wind, and water waves. "I...I think my soulmate is the Avatar, Mr. Barton."

"That's what I thought." Clint nodded. He sent you a text as quickly as his thumbs would move. 'grab your overnight bag, (Y/N). You're spending the weekend with the Avengers'

***

Your parents were okay with you spending the weekend with your uncle. You didn't tell them the other reason you were going to the Facility, but they sort of had an idea. Clint himself borrowed one of the quinjets and flew to the Tower to meet you and take you back to the Facility.

"What did he say? Did he say anything?"

"Not much before I left. He just said, and I quote, 'I think my soulmate is the Avatar, Mr. Barton'. And then I left."

"What's he like? Is he tall? Short? Nice? What does he look like?" you bombarded him with questions, but Clint only smirked.

"What's the fun in telling you, kiddo? You've gotta find out for yourself."

"Uncle Cliiiint."

"(Y/NNNNNN)," he chuckled, ruffling your hair. "You're worse than your cousins."

"Shut up."

The quinjet touched down under an hour later. Clint walked into the Facility with you by his side. Your guest pass dangled around your neck by a lanyard as you were escorted to your room. You had stayed here a few times over the years, but not since Spiderman had emerged.

Your room was waiting just as you had left it, right next door to Wanda's room. There was a knock on the doorframe. Wanda brushed a lock of her hair over her shoulder, going in for a hug.

"Hi Wanda!" God, you loved Wanda. She was like a daughter to Clint, making her like a cousin to you. Not long after, a streak of silver rushed in and trapped you in a Maximoff sandwich. You loved the twins.

"What are you doing here, (Y/N)?" Pietro asked. "I thought you weren't coming up until winter break."

"My soulmate tattoo showed up."

"Let me see." Wanda insisted, pushing her brother away so she could see your wrist. She gasped softly at the sight of the black spider. "Do you want me to introduce you?"

"Yeah, that'd be great." your heart was racing. It was real. It was really happening. Your soulmate was here and he was a superhero. Pietro raced ahead of all of you, leaving you, Clint, and Wanda in the dust. You got to the living room, where Peter was sitting at the table finishing his Algebra homework. He pushed his reading glasses up his nose.

As soon as you walked through the door, he twitched, looking up. Spidey-sense, you figured. He had mad reflexes, that much Clint had told you, but you had never seen his face. God, he was a cutie. Warm brown eyes, tousled brown hair, a kind nervous smile and soft pink lips to go with it. He was super cute. You smiled, waving shyly and when you did, he caught a glance of the tattoo on your wrist.

Peter's jaw dropped. You had never seen anyone get up so fast. He practically ran to you, looking at the tattoo in disbelief. Somehow, he had known the moment you walked in, but this mark was confirmation.

"H-hi," he introduced himself nervously. He gulped, trembling just a little bit. "I, um...I'm Peter. Peter Parker. S-Spiderman. I wondered when you would show up, um..."

"(Y/N)." you stated. He offered his hand, immediately regretting it. You were his soulmate and the best he could do was a handshake? Stupid, stupid, stupid. "(Y/N) (L/N). I'm Clint's sister's kid." You shook his hand, smiling. God, he was super cute. Your nervousness had worn off, but Peter felt like he was going to explode. He didn't want to mess this up.

"I...I'm sorry, is it okay if I hug you? I'm sorry, you're just super pretty, and I'm really bad in romantic situations, so-"

You rushed into his arms, holding him close. He was so warm, and you could feel his body shaking. He laughed nervously, wrapping his arms around you.

"So um...my tattoo is the four elements. Does that mean you're the Avatar?"

"I can control the four elements, yeah." you laughed. "Who knows? I could be."

"Ah, young love." Tony walked into the living room. "Finally found your soulmate, Parker?"

"Yeah," Peter nodded, still clinging to you. "I did." He sighed, whispering into your ear. "Can I just hold you forever? I don't want to let go."

"Sure," you chuckled, snuggling deeper into him. You buried your face in the crook of his neck. "Sounds like a plan to me." You were stuck together like magnets, unable to tear yourselves from each other. It was a bizarre feeling, like time had finally started after all of these years, like two halves of a whole were finally reunited. Something clicked, and suddenly everything was right in the universe.

***

Later that night, you were sitting in the lounge with the Avengers, some movie about mutant superheroes fighting a big blue ancient mutant or something was playing on the screen. You and Peter were seated beside eachother, his arm around your shoulders, and your head resting against his chest.

Peter's free hand absentmindedly traced the tattoo on your wrist, still not quite convinced that today was real. It felt too good to be true. But here you were, snuggled up to him. The other Avengers only glanced over and smiled from time to time, happy that their little spider had finally found his soulmate.

"Am I an okay soulmate?" Peter whispered, looking to you for reassurance.

"Are you kidding me? You're the best." you laughed, pressing a long kiss to his cheek. Peter's face flushed red. He smiled.

"I can't be the best."

"Why's that?"

"Because you are." he stated. You chuckled.

"Dork," you nudged him gently. "But a cute dork."

"So um...are you...are we dating now? Am I your boyfriend?"

"If that's all right with you, yeah."

"Okay. Good." Peter smiled, pulling you closer. "I like the sound of that."

"So do I."

***

The weekend passed in a flash. It went by so fast you felt like you had whiplash. But before you knew it, you were back in school on Monday, waiting for the day you would get to see Peter again. You had arranged to meet a few weekends later at his apartment, but you had exchanged numbers and had been texting all day between classes.

You were standing at your locker after school, grabbing the things you needed to do your homework when your phone vibrated. You checked it. A text from Peter.

Turn around.

You read it, heart racing. You've never turned around so fast in your life, but there he is at the end of the hall, looking at you in disbelief. He ran as fast as he feet would carry him, engulfing you in his arms.

"You go to Midtown?" you asked. He nodded.

"I saw you like four times today, but I was never sure it was you, but it is, and-" you cut him off with your lips. They were even softer and smoother than you imagined. He melted into the kiss, letting out a blissful moan while his hands grabbed at your hips.

When you pulled apart, Peter took your hand. You slung your backpack over your shoulders.

"Well, since you're here, do you wanna come back to my apartment now? Meet my Aunt May? We could work on homework or watch a movie or cuddle or-" You pressed a kiss to his cheek, causing them to flush red.

"Yes. I'd love that."