159. (MCU) Andrew!Peter Parker - Spot The Difference

https://scandalous-chaos.tumblr.com/

summary: tired of seeing you pining after your best friend, gwen decides to help you by googling seduction tricks. while nothing useful came up, it starts a chain of disastrous events anyway.

-----

Peter noticed you being weird all day. While he didn't know the explicit reason why, he assumed you found another obsession; maybe with a fictional dead character. It wouldn't be the first time.

But when he came over to your house and you insisted on complaining that he was too early, he knew you were up to something.

In your defense, Gwen was talking to you just moments before and who's to say Peter didn't hear what she was saying? Annoying as it was, you knew he had super hearing powers.

-

"Look I'm just saying, you need to tell him that you like him," she had said sharply.

"I don't need to. Or have to. This is a silly crush. It'll disappear soon."

"If you say so. Or you can try to uh, sit up straight and do not lower your chin. This makes you look confident about your body. Men tends to find- wow okay that article is bullshit."

Your gasp could be heard through the phone. "Are you looking up flirting tips?"

"Seduction ones actually," she replied grimly. "WikiHow is more clueless than we are."

"This is stupid. I'm just going to play it cool, shush."

"I support you being stupid. Or you can dress up and surprise him—"

"Stop looking at WikiHow!"

-

After Gwen had hung up, you heard Peter's knocks. Luckily, he didn't seem to have heard any of it, but you were still frustrated.

"You didn't have to be this early," you repeated, folding your hands.

"Uhm, sorry? Will these flowers make up for it?" He took some petunias out of his jacket. "I found these while I was swinging here."

"Oh," you accepted them with a slightly opened mouth.

Why, oh why did my best friend have to be this charming?

"Y/N?" he called. "Are you going to let me in or?"

You shook yourself out of your thoughts, realizing that you were staring at him. "Yeah, yeah, just go to the left. The first door's my room."

"I know. I've been here a million times," he said, almost smirking. "You seem distracted. Any reason why?"

"Nop, just tired," you said quickly. Did it matter if you used that opportunity to flirt? No, because he never NEVER picks up on a hint. If you wanted him to know, you needed to explicitly tell him or do some terribly grand gesture.

Wheels started to turn in your head. You were too scared to do the former, but the latter was more your scene.

At that moment, you decided to do something dumb for once. Time to follow WikiHow tips, even if it blows up in your face.

-

An hour later.

-

"Y/N, are you okay?" Peter called from your bed, where he was surrounded by books and paper. You had disappeared to the kitchen to get snacks, but it's been almost half an hour.