14. (PJ) Percy Jackson - The Witch and The Fish

https://enviedear.tumblr.com/

DESCRIPTION ⌙ the illustrious son of the sea is spending the summer in the hamptons with his family and unbeknownst to him an old friend is his next door neighbor for this summer.

PAIRING ⌙ percy jackson x fem! daughter of hecate! reader

WORD COUNT ⌙ 2k

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"and this one is yours for the summer, y/n!" your mom smiles, gesturing to the large room.

"its nice mom— but you still haven't told me why we're here. since when have we been able to afford a luxury resort in the hampton's?" you press, watching your mom fiddle with a crooked picture on the wall.

she purses her lips— as if she's trying to contain a secret.

you narrow your eyes, "mom?"

the woman turns to you, eyes bright, "i might have gotten a message from your other mother.."

hecate. your other mother. the nickname was a joke at first but it caught on— quickly.

"and how does that explain an expensive trip to the hamptons for the summer?"

"well, i don't know the proper way to explain it— so i'm calling it godly child support." your mom says, eyes twinkling.

"she gave you money?" you furrow your brows, "so we could have a vacation?"

"not just a vacation... i have enough to do whatever we need. anything we need baby. she said it was a deserved reward for raising you." your mom bites her lip, "but—"

of course there's a but to this.

"this isn't just a summer vacation, your other mother had a condition.."

you roll your eyes, "you had a kid with a witch, of course there's a condition."

"it's not bad, i swear! she only wants to see you. she'll be stopping by this summer and she expects you to talk to her."

you want to tell your mom to give up whatever hecate has given her. no amount of money is worth you having to speak to that woman.

but you don't say that, instead you sigh and say, "okay mom, i can do that."

your mom deserves all the money in the world for keeping you safe. she's sacrificed too much to not be rewarded. the least you can do is stomach hecate's presence so long as your mom gets what she deserves.

your other mother has always had a strange way of showing her affection. when you were first claimed, the woman sent a horde of snakes for you to deal with. it left you with too many bites to count and a fear of the animal. then, leading up to the fight with gaea she had you go to hades with her chief fury to recover her lost spellbooks— you almost died and didn't even get a thank you.

you weren't very fond of your other mother. the entire last year you've been ignoring her, which is easy to do when you spend your time busy at college.

"y/n?" your mom asks, nudging you.

"hm?"

"i'm going to grab food, want to join?"

you grimace, "i'm still trying to digest those hot dogs we got on the way up here. i think i'll just hang around here."

"alright hun, but i'm gonna bring you something back. call me if anything goes wrong. and i mean anything." she says pointedly.