143. (MCU) Zemo - Next Week

https://creme-bruhlee.tumblr.com/

summaryyou're hired to give a message to a german prisoner, but you never expected to actually take a liking to him.
pairingbaron helmut zemo x fem!reader (y/n)
word count
2.9k
warningsexplicit language, a bit of nonsexual choking, zemo calls you a bitch

-----

The prison felt cold and unforgiving, and you instinctively wrapped your arms around yourself. You followed the guard down the halls, twists and turns with no hope of remembering the correct way out.You figured that they had designed it that way on purpose; nobody could leave and escape if the way out was a labyrinth. Finally, you were led to a man sitting at a desk. His eyes followed you as you approached, and it was only once you were fully in front of him did he speak. "Name?" he asked in German, and you cleared your throat. Your German was shaky, but would have to do.

"Zemo," you replied. "I'm here for visitation with my husband."

The man laughed a bit. "Pretty girl visiting her man in prison," he mumbled. "Such a waste. Take off your jacket, Frau Zemo."

You had no reason to be nervous, but you still shook a bit when you slid your jacket off and held your arms out for the necessary pat-down. But, as you pondered it, you actually had quite a lot to be scared of. The past three days had been hell, for sure. It started with a firm knock on your apartment door in your home of New York City, and you had opened it to see a man with a metal arm and surprisingly kind eyes. He had introduced himself as simply James, and he had told you that he needed you to do something for him.

"I know you're Sokovian," James had explained. "I found your name on a registry of citizens that were moved to the US following the Sokovia incident a few years back. If you do this for me, I'll help you get access to the city ruins. You were young when you lost your parents, yeah? I know the feeling. Not having closure is... Awful. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. But, in order to do that, I need you to do something for me?"

You had looked James up and down. "What is the something?" you asked.

"I have a friend," he began and gave a little wince. "Acquaintance. Umm, I know someone who's in a German prison right now, and he's going to be a big help to me and my business partner. All you need to do is go in and give him a message."

"What sort of message?"

"'Winter's coming soon. Next week, I imagine.' Has to be that, verbatim; don't say anything about who sent you or why. I've already got the meeting and everything set up, you just need to go visit him and give him that message."

"What does that mean?" you asked.

James had hesitated for a moment, tapping his metal fingers against the arm of his chair. "It's better if you didn't know," he said. "I need as little people involved here as possible. I would go in and give him the message myself, but I'm kind-of a wanted man myself. Will you help us?"

James had been thorough in setting up the meeting, even going as far as purchasing a gently-used set of rings for you to wear. He told you that this man, Helmut Zemo, had been in prison for seven years for a variety of things, the heftiest being murder. "He was justified, though," James said, and you pretended not to notice his small "I guess."

The guard said something into his radio unit, and you caught enough of it to know that he was approving you to enter. You knew nothing about this Helmut Zemo other than what James had told you, only the bare basics. Sokovian, had a family that was killed at the same time as yours. According to James, Zemo wasn't dangerous. He would be more confused than anything, he told you. But, no matter what Zemo did, if he denied he had in you no right, you had to keep with it and deliver the message in a natural way. You were his wife, and you were happy to see him.