62. (PJ) Percy Jackson - Attack

https://fandom-what-ifs.tumblr.com/

WARNING: This post involves the reader having an anxiety attack. If you suffer from any form of anxiety, please refrain from reading this unless you know you can handle it. Please please please be safe

---

Percy bursts through the (godly parent) cabin's door, sword drawn and hair mussed up from running. "What? What is it?"

Your sister Miku runs to him from the group of younger campers huddled in the corner. Tears shine in her dark eyes. "Something's wrong with (y/n). We didn't know who else to get." She takes Percy's arm and drags him around a corner to another row of bunks. Your bed is blocked from view by your siblings and Chiron.

The old centaur looks up at Percy. "She's been asking for you."

Percy swallows nervously and pushes through your siblings until he sees you. His heart sinks at your appearance. You're sitting hunched over on your bed, arms wrapped around your stomach as you shake. Sobs are wracking your whole body, and occasionally, you take a deep, gasping breath.

"How long has she been like this?" Percy asks.

"Fifteen minutes."

"Okay," he mutters, mostly to himself for reassurance. He's helped you through a panic attack before, and he can do it again. He'd rather fight an entire battalion of monsters than see you like this ever again.

"(y/n)," Percy mutters softly. He takes your face in his hands. "Talk to me, what are you feeling?"

It takes you a few seconds before you take another gasping breath. "Can't breathe," you force out through your sobs.

"Okay." Percy nods. "Okay, we can work with that. I'm gonna lay you back, okay? I know it feels better to sit like this, but I'm right here, okay?"

You nod your head frantically, still sobbing. Percy takes your shoulders and lays you gently back so you're staring up at the bunk above yours. Your legs are still bouncing up and down uncontrollably, but Percy knows that won't stop until after the attack is over. He has to calm you down.

"Alright, ready? Breathe in with me on three." Percy takes both of your trembling hands in his strong, steady ones. "One, two, three." He takes a deep breath, watching for you to do so also. You do, but it's very shallow. But you're getting somewhere. "In ... and out ... In ... and out ..."

He repeats this like a prayer for what seems like hours. He doesn't notice how Chiron ushers everyone out of the room except for you, Percy, and himself. He just focuses on keeping you breathing. Slowly, your sobs begin to subside, and your breathing evens out. But Percy doesn't stop saying "In and out" until he's sure that your attack is over.

Your legs are still shaking, but he knows the worst is over.

He leans over you and cups your cheek with his hand. "How are you feeling, sweetheart?"

Fresh tears well up in your eyes as you look up into his sea-green ones. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."

"No," Percy says, pulling you up and into his embrace. "We talked about this. Don't ever, ever be sorry for anything like this happening. I am always here for you. No matter what."