165. (HP) Sirius Black -The Story of Claws

https://scandalous-chaos.tumblr.com/

Summary: Sirius tries to scare the reader, and the reader returns the favor.
Warning: blood, swearing, mentions of sex

-----

"I'm telling you. There's a reason no one walks outside the night before Halloween," Sirius said, sighing. "Astrid is waiting to claw us apart."

"Kinky." James smiled, and you threw a pillow at his face.

You generally liked Halloween, and you weren't easily fooled by stories. Especially not stories by Sirius. For all we know, he's making everything up. Even if he wasn't, the story was obviously a lie, like the thousands of vengeful spirit tales before it.

But even then, there was something eerily weird creeping into your mind, and his words became a distant echo.

"Astrid was a woman who slipped and fell into the lake. Someone saw it and they tried to call for help. But something else happened when the people surrounded the area.
Instead of seeing the struggling Astrid, all they saw was her dead body floating. No — hear me out — someone had slit her throat while she fell in. Something was waiting for her, and all we know about it is that it had sharp claws..."

You felt a slight scratch on your shoulder, and you froze just for a second before seeing the smile on Sirius's face.

"It's James behind me, isn't it?" You asked, scowling.

"Man, your face gave it away!" James huffed, coming to sit beside you again.

Remus, who was laughing at all of this, spat out his tea.

"Remus?" Lily stood up slowly.

"I'm fine- it entered the wrong damn pipe- shouldn't have laughed while-" his words turned to a painful sound as he fell on the ground on all fours, his breath hitching.

Sirius and James rushed forwards too, both of them too panicked to do anything.

"Call someone, you dimwits!" You yelled, sitting down beside Remus and trying to see if he can't breath.

Well, he couldn't breath. Because he was busy laughing. You blinked in confusion.

"You were right, Padfoot." Remus said, sitting back on his chair like nothing happened. "It was funny to see their faces."

"What the hell?" Lily voiced your thoughts, throwing an angry glare at her boyfriend. "Seriously? Now you're pranking us by making us worried? Jerk move, Potter."

"Oooh, last name, you're in trouble!" Sirius said in mock concern, then turned to you. "Lucky thing my partner is as calm as they are breathtaking-"

"Fuck you, Black." You retorted casually. James sniggered.

"C'mon, it was fun." He pressed on.

"You know what would be really fun?" Lily asked, annoyed. "When you're actually choking, I'll leave you to die and you'll learn a lesson."

She stormed off. They were waiting for you to say some sort of speech too, but you were blank.

"Uh, what she said." You said quickly and followed her out.

Even though you were used to Sirius's jokes, you decided enough was enough. You had to get him back.
-
The next few days, you were in high spirits around him and he couldn't help but be suspicious. You'd laugh if he called you out on being weird, and he'll just be surprised more.

After Halloween was done and over with, you attacked. It was clever too, because he never saw it coming.

One morning, when he woke up, he woke up with a corpse.

"Good morning sweet- HOLY FUCK!" He jumped out of the bed like a cat in hot water.

You slowly climbed out from under the bed, and stood before him with your head held high.

"Boo, bitch," you said with a smug smile on your face.

"Where did the corpse come from?" He asked wildly, pointing to you and the body in the bed. You definitely weren't going to let him know it was a fake.

"I can't tell you that, love." You said, using your wand to make the corpse lighter in weight. You picked it up and casually walked out of the room.

"You can't just walk out Y/N L/N!" Sirius was yelling from behind. "If my partner has a collection of corpses, I'd wanna know, just saying! Wait — I'm not going to part of your collection, right?"

You ignored it, walking faster. The question hung in the air.

"RIGHT?"