166. (HP) Remus Lupin - The Order of Phoenix

https://scandalous-chaos.tumblr.com/

Summary: Y/N was in her 7th year when Lupin became DADA professor. Three years later, they meet again in Grimmauld Place, and he was more annoyed than happy to see her.

Also, James and Lily are alive, because yes.

[swearing, suggestive language, former!professor Lupin, age gap (reader is of age), mostly fluff and sexual tension]

-----

"Hello," one quiet word from his side, that was all it took for the room to realize that shit was about to go down.

"You did it, didn't you?" you asked, stepping inside the room so that everyone from the Order could see and hear you clearly. "You purposefully sent me to the wrong location."

He could only sigh. "There were death eaters in the right one."

"That was the point! You can't keep fucking up our missions, Lupin!"

"As long as Dumbledore left me in charge — yes I can."

"Fuck Dumbledore."

"Let's keep the conversations civil," he said before thinking. Your eyebrows went up, just like your anger did.

"Fuck you too."

With that, you stormed out of the room.

Hermione followed you without hesitation, only to find you pacing in your room, murmuring complaints all the while.

"Y/N, you okay?" She asked, and you tried to calm down. You hated making her upset. She was much younger than you, but so far she was the only mature person left in the house.

"I just- why does he keep treating me like a kid?" you asked, throwing your arms up in frustration.

"Technically you were his student once."

"That was years ago, I have a goddamn job now," you bit back more colorful words. "Besides, you are the one who's still in Hogwarts. He's not yelling at you to be careful, is he?"

"You couldn't have dealt with five death eaters on your own anyway," she said kindly. "It makes sense why he would do that."

"That doesn't make it any less annoying." You looked out the window, a bit ashamed of your behavior.

-

The next day, things only got worse. Everyone was disagreeing on plans, and though James was on your side most of the times, even he got exhausted.

"Why can't all of us agree on one damn thing?" He asked to the room, but mainly to you and Remus, who were glaring at each other.

"Beats me," you said, not taking your eyes off him.

"Moony, c'mon," James pressed on. "Why can't she go in this mission? It's not like she's alone. I'll be there."

"I don't need protection," you snapped angrily.

"I know you don't," he replied softly. "But Moony doesn't."

"Which I don't care about."

"I don't care about who goes with who," Remus spoke up. "But this mission is too dangerous. You cannot infiltrate the Ministry when you know things would go south. It's a suicide mission."

"If things get ugly, I disapparate," you yelled back. "Honestly Lupin, if it was anyone else who thought up this plan, you would have been fine with it."