69. (MCU) Bucky Barnes - Falling for You

https://itsapeterthing.tumblr.com/

pairing: bucky barnes x avenger!readersummary: when you slip in the shower and dislocate your shoulder, the only person in the compound left to help you is your least favorite teammate, bucky barnesword count: 1.4kwarnings: none, fluff

----

It had been a long day.

Everything just seemed to be working against you from stubbing your toe on the dresser when you first got out of bed to getting your ass kicked by your least favorite person during training. So when you were finally able to take a nice, hot shower at the end of the day- you were relieved.

What could go wrong?

You were regretting asking yourself that question as soon as you went to pull the shower curtain closed only to discover that the rings of the curtain were looped together. Tugging on the curtain to no avail, you groaned, climbing onto the edge of the tub to separate the rings.

"Stupid fucking thing." You grumbled to yourself, stretching the curtain across after unlacing the rings. "Why can nothing in this stupid-"

Just as you went to step down from the tub's edge, you miss your footing, slipping on a bar of soap that had been sitting on the bathtub floor below you. Grasping the shower curtain to no avail, you slipped and fell backwards onto your side, a shooting pain spreading throughout your shoulder.

"Shit!" You shouted, glancing at your shoulder.

It hurt like hell.

"Is everything alright, ma'am?" You heard F.R.I.D.A.Y ask.

Gripping your shoulder, you shook your head, speaking up over the rushing water. "No, F.R.I.D.A.Y I think I dislocated my shoulder. Shit. Can you call Nat in here?"

"Agent Romanoff isn't in at the moment."

Of course she wasn't.

"What about Wanda?" You asked.

"Wanda Maximoff is also out at the moment."

You closed your eyes and took a deep, long breath.

"Who is in at the moment, F.R.I.D.A.Y?"

"Sergeant Barnes is the only one in at the moment, ma'am." F.R.I.D.A.Y stated. "Would you like me to call him for you?"

"No!" You shouted as fast as you could.

You would rather crawl to the hospital yourself than have Bucky Barnes find you naked in the shower with a dislocated shoulder.

You didn't hate each other, but you didn't particularly get along either. It was always a competition between the two of you and when you weren't physically fighting each other in the training room, one of you would tease the other throughout the day. The last thing you wanted was more fuel for Barnes to use against you... and for him to find you in this position.

Attempting to push yourself off of the floor of the tub, a sharp pain shot through your arm and you couldn't help the scream that escaped your mouth. Not a moment later you heard a knock at the door.

"Y/n?" Bucky asked from the other side of the door. "You alright?"

Of course he heard.

"I'm..." You said, through huffs and puffs trying to subdue your pain. "fine... Barnes."

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, what's wrong?" You heard him ask.

"Miss Y/l/n fell and believes she has dislocated her shoulder, sir." F.R.I.D.A.Y informed him.